Brady Book?

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
What is this Brady Book I keep hearing people talk about on this site? I know that different EMS programs use different texts and Brady didn't write my text but why do so many others know about it?

Thanks!
-Ambrose

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
it is the most used book in teaching EMT's in states that use the National Registry as it so closely relates to it. out of curiosity what book do you use?

CPG

Forum Crew Member
Last edited by a moderator:

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Brady is just one of the publishers of texts. No better no worse, all of the EMT text books, follow the NHTSA curriculum, they just re-format it & place different pics and diagrams.

NREMT has NO format, as they do not teach rather they test only on NHTSA curriculum, AHA/ECC recommendation, PHTLS for trauma.

R/r 911

OP
OP
W

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
The Main Book We Use for NREMT stuff:

Title: Emergency: Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Editors: Pollak, Guilli, Chatelain and Stratford

We also use 2 or 3 other books, some are small, and other are like this textbook but we only use a part of it. I think we have a book for Intubation one for Weapons of Mass Destruction/Hazmat, and maybe one on driving?

medic417

The Truth Provider
Brady is publisher. Dr. Bledsoe and others are the authors.

wehttam

Forum Probie
prehospital emergency care 8th edition

:)for my program the recommended book was the emergency care 10th edition by BRADY but i went against the norm and i purchase the prehospital emergency care by mistovich hafen karren also a brady book i think its a much more detailed book than the previous mentioned and it better prepares you for the NREMT thats just my two cents:)