Boots

Jaykub44

Forum Ride Along
Hey, y’all. I know there’s a lot of threads on boots but just thought I’d ask. Anyone seen anybody wear logger style zip up boots? Like Whites boots? I know the logger style with the higher heel and big tread is really good for your arches and feet. But thinks it’s a dumb idea to wear that style in ems? I know Ariat has a cowboy style ems boot.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
White's as in Wildland FF boots? Maybe if you're dual role on a brush engine. I have wildland boots in my wildland bag, but like hell I'm wearing them day to day.

OP
OP
J

Jaykub44

Forum Ride Along
White's as in Wildland FF boots? Maybe if you're dual role on a brush engine. I have wildland boots in my wildland bag, but like hell I'm wearing them day to day.
Yeah. I just wear what’s comfy. These are the most comfortable boots I’ve worn. I usually wear redback or Danner Acadias. Was wondering if wearing logger boot on an ambulance would be considered strange

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Hey, y’all. I know there’s a lot of threads on boots but just thought I’d ask. Anyone seen anybody wear logger style zip up boots? Like Whites boots? I know the logger style with the higher heel and big tread is really good for your arches and feet. But thinks it’s a dumb idea to wear that style in ems? I know Ariat has a cowboy style ems boot.
They are misery for your feet. I would attempt death before wearing them routinely for EMS.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Yeah. I just wear what’s comfy. These are the most comfortable boots I’ve worn. I usually wear redback or Danner Acadias. Was wondering if wearing logger boot on an ambulance would be considered strange
Yes that would be considered very strange.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
I used to wear Haix Special Fighters, a combo wildland/usar/EMS cert boot. They are just so heavy on your feet. I eventually downgraded to the Haix Airpowers and reserve the Special Fighters for actual tech rescue call outs