boots

Dr.T

Forum Probie
Anybody try HAIX boots.
I know, I'm German and they are a German product, but they are used worldwide by some SF and LE agencies.
They are worn all over Germany by pretty much all fire, EMS and LE.
I have had a couple of different pairs over the years and have always been real happy with all of them!

Go see for yourselves:

http://www.haix.com/international/

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Why boots?

What's wrong with a nice pair of work shoes?

I never totally understood the "must have" boot thing, but to each their own.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Why boots?

I like the ankle support. with the amount of hardware in one ankle all the support I can get is nice :) But if that wasn't an issue I'd definately go with work shoes

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I was just curious as to how the whole thing got started anyways.

I was a die hard boot wearer when I was new because I did not know any better, I simply did what others did. Then I saw people wearing shoes and thought how weird that was and swore I could never do that.

I then switched to shoes and wondered why I ever wore boots...

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Why boots?

I usually buy a pair of black tennis shoes to wear in the summer, 100+ degree weather and all.

Right now I'm wearing a pair of Pro Warington station boots. VERY comfortable, well built and I know people who have had similar boots for 4+ years. Downsides, they're heavy and $200+.

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
Anybody try HAIX boots.
I know, I'm German and they are a German product, but they are used worldwide by some SF and LE agencies.
I have had a couple of different pairs over the years and have always been real happy with all of them!

Go see for yourselves:

http://www.haix.com/international/

Wake County buys these for their medics.

medicuk

Forum Ride Along
Anybody try HAIX boots.

Go see for yourselves:

Yeah, wearing them at present (airpower p6). Had them for over a year now and very happy - best boot yet, beats Magnum and Rocky IMHO.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Why boots?

For my class and ambulance they require your footwear to come above your ankle.

325Medic

Forum Lieutenant
I wear the Haix / issued by the squad also. Haix station boot with the steel toe. Good boot.

mp5dude

Forum Probie
Everyone pointed me toward the 5.11 ATAC 8 zip-up for $99 and it has been exactly as advertised. Very comfortable, light, and easily on and off when jumping into or out of the bunk. You could almost run PT in them.

GET boots that have side zip. I currently have a pair of these. Very reliable and comfortable boots.

FreezerStL

Forum Crew Member
Everyone pointed me toward the 5.11 ATAC 8 zip-up for $99 and it has been exactly as advertised. Very comfortable, light, and easily on and off when jumping into or out of the bunk. You could almost run PT in them.

I've had a pair of ATACs for a year now. They're super comfortable and pretty light. 5.11 makes a great boot.

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
Department issues the Haix Airpower's. Haven't wore them but maybe one shift or two so I can't give any feedback. For some reason I find myself always wearing my 7 year old pair of 10inch Warrington ProBoots (The Originals) that you can't get ne more :sad: I am not really a fan of their new style station boots, not nearly as comfortable. Only thing wrong with my boots now after 7 years is they stink :ph34r:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I wear Haix (Special Fighter US)... Expensive, first pair is going back for refurb now, after 3 years or so.

I bought a 2nd pair, and love the boots. A little heavy, but worth it.

Rip Shears

Forum Probie
Bates makes a very comfortable black duty boot with Gore-Tex and a side zip. The octogrip sole pattern is outstanding, too. I received a set of 5.11 HRT boots years ago and they were garbage by comparison. I still have the Bates. The 5.11's...not so much.