FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
This thread is worthless without pics!!!!:ph34r:

OP
OP
CountryEMT-bGurl

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
Aren't uniforms usually supplied by your employer?

I am not sure!! This is my first 911 EMS job. And I was told I would be supplied with shirts; and that's IT!!!
LOL.
Wish they would. But I am picky on the pants I wear anyways, so it's a good thing for me to buy my own!!!

OP
OP
CountryEMT-bGurl

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
I'm sorry I think you took me wrong.....I seen the stock photos on the 5.11 link....The "this thread is worthless without pics" is a guy thing...I imagine most caught it....

Thank you for chiding me about it though and I responded to your PM already!!:p

GOT IT!!!
Sorry!!! I'm truely a Blonde and didn't get it!!!
Maybe I should think before I speak, although I have had a problem with that most of my life!!!
Although I think it comes with being a blonde again!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
This is getting good!!!!

YES we like window shopping!!!!:ph34r:

Medic744

Forum Captain
Where we are all we get are uniform shirts and jacket. We rely on ****ies since those are the only pants us 3 females can find that fit.

OP
OP
CountryEMT-bGurl

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
Where we are all we get are uniform shirts and jacket. We rely on ****ies since those are the only pants us 3 females can find that fit.

Seriously....I have tired on TONS of EMS pants! And these fit like a glove. Like regular female "in style" jeans!!!!

You may want to give them a try. There a little pricey, but WELL worth it!

WarDance

Forum Lieutenant
Glad to see you're on the 5.11 bandwagon! They really are the only way to go!

However, I do get slightly irritated by the snap instead of a button closure. The women's BDU's for cops are better....I have one pair of those.

OP
OP
CountryEMT-bGurl

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
Glad to see you're on the 5.11 bandwagon! They really are the only way to go!

However, I do get slightly irritated by the snap instead of a button closure. The women's BDU's for cops are better....I have one pair of those.

For EMS?? I will have to check those out!
What is your reasoning why you like the cops womens BDU's over the EMS pants?
Thanks
Crystal

WarDance

Forum Lieutenant
For EMS?? I will have to check those out!
What is your reasoning why you like the cops womens BDU's over the EMS pants?
Thanks
Crystal

The snap seems to be more heavy duty so it doesn't come undone as easily. I hate it when my pants snap open when I am trying to work. I do always wear a belt but still it's just annoying. I haven't had it happen with the BDUs for cops. Plus they are cheaper.

mct601

RN/NRP
thanks for this, there's a fellow female student/friend of mine who has been looking for good fitting pants. I don't have EMS specific pants, but I have 5.11 pants and the 8" waterproof boots. love them.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I am guy size 32/32 but I normally get womens EMS pants size 8 or 10 because they fit and look better from my the uniform place my agency uses. The guys are like MC hammer baggy in the crotch.

How low rise are these 5.11?

WarDance

Forum Lieutenant
Found a downside to the women's BDU's that are non EMS specific. They may stay buttoned better but they have some elastic in the waist and if you don't have a solid belt on they WILL fall off. Next time I will downsize but until then I will wear a better belt!

OP
OP
CountryEMT-bGurl

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
I am guy size 32/32 but I normally get womens EMS pants size 8 or 10 because they fit and look better from my the uniform place my agency uses. The guys are like MC hammer baggy in the crotch.

How low rise are these 5.11?

LOL...there not too low! They would allow some bagged to fit down between there!!!! ;) But they are a more comfortable fit that fits on your hips, instead of your waist by your boobs! So just right under your belly button, but i will suggest!!!!

If you are 5'6" and above order LONG!!!! I am 5'6" and the longs are just a little long, but the regulars are almost to short! There okay, but when u sit down the bottom of the pants come just above your boot. And I dont like that! OH, and they are boot cut, not tapered!