Best paramedic text?

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
May I ask, what did your bachelors program use for their medic textbook?
I did my initial paramedic program in 2005 and we used the mosby. I went back to school in 2012 to complete my degree. The program had an entry for already certified paramedics. I just transferred my paramedic program credits in, we dident use a paramedic textbook. Each class in the major had its own specific textbook.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
thanks, @ExpatMedic0, understood.

I think I may email somebody at Pitt to ask what they use!

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
There are really only three major ones I am aware of. Mosby(paramedic textbook), Brady( paramedic-care set), and Nancy Caroline(emergency care on the streets). My Mosby was written in 2000, I guess it was the latest edition we could order before my 2005 program started. Anyway, its almost 17 years old and quite mediocre at best. I have lots of books from specific classes in subjects which are relevant and nice to reference for greater detail like physiology for example. However, at the end of the day, I am still a paramedic. It doesn't matter how much course work I take or what advanced books I purchase, my provider level remains the same. I think it's pretty important to keep a fairly up to date paramedic text around to reference. It also reminds me of what I am required to know and what is expected vs "what is nice to know". Plus, things are always changing.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
No

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk