Best Ambulance Company to work for in So. Cal

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Quick update I was getting ready to start working for Bowers ambulance starting on the 17th, and as I was getting my physical on Tues waiting for 2 hours at the hospital. I got a call from PRN(the original company I wanted to work for), and they are no longer having a hiring freeze, and got the phone call today and was hired. If anyone is wondering how PRN hiring process is they will have a group interview with you 2-3 people, a written test(30 questions), and a patient assessment test. I also got a interview lined up for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center as a EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT LOGISTICS TECH working the night shift. So I am thinking maybe work the morning shift for PRN and the night with Cedars-Sinai. I still have a skilled test scheduled with AMR, but I think I will just cancel that because PRN pay rate isn't to bad, and almost the same as PRN. Again thanks for all the help guys I really appreciate everyone input and recommendations.
Good luck at PRN. You will learn to hate the name Paul Scarborough.

OP
OP
J

jw213

Forum Probie
So, how did it go? :)
My skills test with AMR is on the 26th been studying and reviewing my skills, but I also got my first day with my FTO with PRN so iono what to do just yet, but I'll probably take that day off and just go test with AMR. But I have my fingers crossed that if I do pass my skills tests with AMR they interview better not be a few weeks later I

emt2mdorbust

Forum Probie
My skills test with AMR is on the 26th been studying and reviewing my skills, but I also got my first day with my FTO with PRN so iono what to do just yet, but I'll probably take that day off and just go test with AMR. But I have my fingers crossed that if I do pass my skills tests with AMR they interview better not be a few weeks later I

So how are you practicing skills? watching videos? practicing on teddybears and friends, family? Etc.

Good luck!

OP
OP
J

jw213

Forum Probie
So how are you practicing skills? watching videos? practicing on teddybears and friends, family? Etc.

Good luck!
Just reading over the skills sheet, and making sure I remember key points, but to be quite honest I am not that worries, but just want to make sure I am sharp and good to go. To be honest for me the hardest skill might be either pregnancy since there are a lot of steps, and the hare or sager splint since I don't have the actual device to pull things apart lol so kinda have to visualize how to pull the device apart hehe.

911paramedic

Forum Probie
I was just wondering which ambulance company would be the best to work for in the Southern California area. I applied to a PRN(which was my first choice), and they are currently having a hiring freeze. So I was wondering what other companies people can recommend where they treat employees well, have good benefits, and will have a great experience working the EMS field. I'm curious in what eveyone has to say so please feel free to vent or rant on about your experiences with different companies.
Hands down the best company to work for .....Especially if you don't want to run IFT's!

http://www.mccormickambulance.com/newsite/newbuild/recruitnow.html

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Glendale Fire Department is now currently accepting applications for EMT Ambulance Operator.

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/gl...></string></var></struct></data></wddxPacket>

Starting salary is $13.80/hour. Shifts are all either 12 or 24 hours, Kelley Schedule (XOXOXOOOO). 100% 911 only, 100% station based, no street corner posting.
Is it true that Glendale AOs can only be employed for a predetermined amount of time? Like a "Hours not to exceed XXXX per 12 months" kind of thing

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Nope, currently we work the exact same schedule/hours as the Firefighters do. The position is officially considered a temporary position in that the City only hires us for 3 years. However you can get extended if you actually stay 3 years, most people don't, they keep getting hired by other FDs as firefighters before then (and the one or two I knew that reached the cap were able to have a meeting with the Chief and get that extended).

As far as scheduled hours, no, there's no effective cap (I was recently given a mandatory hire for a shift on my day off between shifts putting me working a 72 hour straight shift, but I was able to find coverage to break it up lol)