Benefits of AEMT

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
9d21052a14c07a41282d11ea3aa79249cacf70f5f2a9e1c3dab31c85beb51189.jpg

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
It's definitely happening. It's free so I have no excuse. Once some personal problems are cleared up I will finalize and send the bill to the state. Leaning towards ASN. As it sits now and challenging the critical care test

That's a good point. The only problem is ASN is going to be much longer than either course, but that may not be an issue for you.

Either way, best of luck - and I'd love to be a sounding board for ideas (as would the rest of this board, I'm sure)!

OP
OP
NysEms2117

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
That's a good point. The only problem is ASN is going to be much longer than either course, but that may not be an issue for you.

Either way, best of luck - and I'd love to be a sounding board for ideas (as would the rest of this board, I'm sure)!
Thank you very much. That means a lot :)! A sounding board is needed for me lol, if you can't tell I'm very new to EMS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arctic2

Forum Crew Member
I live in Rhode island. we have the Aemt-cardiac. That's pretty much the go to license after Emt. (I signed up for it recently) all the fire depts and other services require you to be at least a cardiac to work for them. minus the private services. the way I see it is like this: I would love more than anything to have my medic and be able to go to medic school. the problem is I don't exactly have 6k to spend nor the time to go. so having an Advanced is the next best thing. I'll be able to start Ivs and administer medications and be able to do more. even more so with med control. it really depends in the where you live or what you want to do.

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
Interesting thread. I'm a new, (minted March of this year) 66 yo, basic. Not sure it would be worth it for me to get all the way to EMT-P, but I see value in shooting for AEMT for myself. As basics we do quite a bit of stuff most basics can't, just based on our location. At least if I understand what is being said in some of the BLS threads and other comments. All that being said, my opinion is, if you are still young enough to make an actual career out of this, then shoot for the stars, as time and money allow. Good luck to you in whatever direction you finally decide to go.

OP
OP
NysEms2117

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Update: I have enrolled in a part time nursing school. Hoping to get a BSN and work as a part time RN, as a side job :).