Belt

Amelia

You're stuck w/ me now (insert evil laughter here)
Hello again, all!!

So I saw somewhere (wherever it was) that you can always tell a newbie by how much junk they carry on their belt. Inexperienced carries a ton of stuff, veterans not nearly as much.

So, I'm inquiring your experience. What exactly do we need on our belts? I know cutting sheers and your beeper (if issued). What else? I honestly don't want to look like an idiot on my first run.

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
Go with nothing except maybe a pager/radio.

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

Ok! Thanks!! :)

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Whatever your department issues you is what you would need for your belt. The only thing I ever carry on my belt is my radio and hospital badge to get in the ER, and a set of trauma shears on my pants in the holder because we always lose the ones in the jump bag.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Just my pager and radio.

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
Just a radio, which i take off as soon as i get back to the station. Hate the feeling of it jabbing into me when I sit.

samiam

Amazing Member
To answer the OP's question however, I would personally show up with nothing on it and see what others do.

* Sorry for the double post would not let me edit, had it sitting open too long.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
No radio straps at my new job. I miss that thing! It was awesome for holding all my junk.

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

Well of course you have to have your learherman. You jave to show it off to the other guys. ;)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I don't wear a belt... lol