Bcls/crp aed

TypicalTuna

Forum Ride Along
hey all, I am a newly registered EMT-B and I am interested in employment as an Emergency Room Tech.

most requirements say a BLS or BCLS card is needed.

I have my American Heart Association CPR/AED card which was required for even taking my EMT course.

So Im wondering if this card will suffice or I need higher training if anyone can shed some light on this thank you

can post a pic of the card yet its my first post :wub:

typo on the title i meant CPR obviously, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Hello,

What does your card say? My EMT course trained and tested us as part of the AHA Heartsaver CPR/AED program.

You'll need to take the AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers course.

The course is about four hours and will be mostly review.

PaddyWagon

Forum Crew Member
For reference, the health care version linked above includes extra work on partners in two person cpr and BVM with oxygen. As near as I can remember. My basic course required this because our clinical site did.

But really, it does no harm to call HR and ask about the specifics just to be sure you're all on the same page when you apply.

OP
OP
T

TypicalTuna

Forum Ride Along
My card says exactly this..

"This card certifies that the above individual has successfully completed the cognitive and skills evaluations in accordance with the curriculum of the American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare providers (CPR and AED) program."

It says healthcare provider and American Heart Association at the top along with the dates on the bottom and training center info on the reverse.

Thanks all for the replies

OP
OP
T

TypicalTuna

Forum Ride Along
so i called the training center from which I obtained the card and they said the card i have now is the correct card the ER is looking for

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
My card says exactly this..

"This card certifies that the above individual has successfully completed the cognitive and skills evaluations in accordance with the curriculum of the American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare providers (CPR and AED) program."

It says healthcare provider and American Heart Association at the top along with the dates on the bottom and training center info on the reverse.

Thanks all for the replies
As long as you have the AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers card you're good to go.

Good luck!