Votes: 27 34.2%
  • No

Votes: 50 63.3%
  • Issued One (don't wear)

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

mikie

Forum Lurker
Does your service/department issue badges? Do you have one on your uniform?

I'm curious to know people's thoughts about badges. Do they give magical powers? Looks?

stephenrb81

Forum Lieutenant
Don't have one and not required to have one

I don't see myself getting one unless required by an employer, just not my sort of thing.

rmellish

Forum Captain
They're required for the private service I work for. Absolutely ridiculous, get mistaken for security or LEO at least once a shift. I absolutely hate doing psych transfers in that uniform. I usually try to wear the sweatshirt whenever possible.

911 service I work for wears polos, no badges thank god.

rmellish

Forum Captain
Annoying on uniform shirt, but somewhat better on belt.

Some folks at the private service wear them on their belts in the winter, which I think looks worse. We're not LEOs. Unfortunately most of these folks wanted to be...

Do they give magical powers? Looks?

Considering we look like rent-a-cops, we don't get much in the way of magical powers. Plus the psych patients are harder to calm down when they think you're the law. If the shirt was white I'd have less of a problem with it, but its the grey / black uniform shirt combination which in my region is only readily associated with private security and animal control...

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
Freeze! I'm a paramedic!

Patches on the shoulders (like everyone else), and name tag. No badge. Don't want one, wouldn't wear one if we were issued them.

gillysaurus

Forum Lieutenant
I didn't even realize some areas assigned badges to their medics.

We already have such a problem with medics being shot at by gang members who think they're LEO, that anyone who tried to assign badges would be out of their stinkin' mind!

Epi-do

I see dead people
Have one, but only wear it when wearing class A or B uniform. Day-to-day duty wear is either t-shirts or polo shirts, so no badges with them.

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
When issued, other then dressup events, it will stay on my visor, clipped to my registration and insurance.

One more thing to loose. Even though they are circle shaped, I dont wanna be mistaken for a cop.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Don't currently have one, will be issued when I get my 6 months in... Supposed to wear it on the "Class A" (you know, the first responder epaulet shirts). A lot of people wear them on their belt when wearing polos.

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
Don't have we are not issued. The last time I wore a badge was when I worked a security job in 1985 haven't worn on since don't need to. I've work various private security jobs since then and I've never been required to wear one why should I.

Last edited by a moderator:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Badges.....we don't need no stinking badges!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.:p We're issued a badge with our Class A uniforms for the FD, but we hardly ever wear those uniforms.

Outbac1

Forum Asst. Chief
No, we don't have them here. Just shoulder badges and ID Tags.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
its really uncommon in my area.

a few privates owned by people who think they are improtant.

obviously all the fd's have them for their class a's but its not very often you see them.

the only emt's around here that i see wearing badges on a daily basis is boston ems.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I have my old FD badge and had a wallet one.

I think the wallet one got me out of a couple speeding tickets.
We are required to keep our sheiff dept ID's coverd if we are pulled over, "tinning" is specifically verboten.

John E

Forum Captain
Have one...

wear it on my belt whenever I'm at work.

I work as a Set Medic, the badge, as well as the uniform help to keep us separated visually from the rest of the film crew which is preferred. Given how casually a typical crew member dresses, the uniform and the badge and the shoulder patch lets the people who hire us, mainly producers, know that we take the job seriously. It also helps to identify us to the rest of the crew so they know who to go to when they need assistance. Given that I typically work with crews and casts of over 100 people at any given location, standing out a bit is a plus. I get regular comments about how nice it is that we take our jobs seriously enough to wear a uniform.

I'm also proud to be an EMT, happy to wear the insignia that states that I'm an EMT.

Have to laugh at some of the attitudes here, especially the folks who claim that they wouldn't wear a badge if required.

John E.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Have to laugh at some of the attitudes here, especially the folks who claim that they wouldn't wear a badge if required.

John E.

Why would I need a badge when I show up in an ambulance wearing a uniform? At my old job, we already looked enough like Target security without a police style badge (assuming that no one is talking about an ID card badge). What does it add that isn't already accomplished by the patches and ambulance?