Bad Blood between the emt and the p all input is appreciated

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
Doubt it. If you worked with me you would change your tune. You mightily actually be shocked.
Having read several of your comments, I do not believe you are helping to change the (mostly negative) image of firefighters on this board... Whether you currently are one or not.

RefriedEMT

Forum Lieutenant
All the firefighters i work with are actually very good at their job, so i don't know what makes you guys hate firefighters so much.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
All the firefighters i work with are actually very good at their job, so i don't know what makes you guys hate firefighters so much.

You don't work in LA or Orange County do you?

RefriedEMT

Forum Lieutenant
You don't work in LA or Orange County do you?

Nope I work in Washington state. They do of course get paid more but that is mostly because they are paid by the state and not a private company that is withholding as much pay as possible. Also they have more training than a regular EMT or medic since they have to be trained for the fire side.

RefriedEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Yea seattle has a minimum wage of $15 an hour so I am sure I would change my tune but the only thing is I don't want to work in seattle.

escapedcaliFF

Forum Lieutenant
Having read several of your comments, I do not believe you are helping to change the (mostly negative) image of firefighters on this board... Whether you currently are one or not.

Go over to firehouse.com and read the other side and you'll learn it's a two way street.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
lol. I would react very poorly to being locked out of the truck.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Go over to firehouse.com and read the other side and you'll learn it's a two way street.
Not sure how that relates.

To reiterate, if you locked me out of an ambulance you would likely be terminated and probably deemed unemployable in the region once word got out. No matter how terrible your partner was, that's just a poor decision that I'm surprised (and saddened) you were not punished for.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I once had a medic who acted like this and locked them out of the rig until dispatch called me telling me my medic was on the phone basically crying cause I locked him out of the rig.

That is just straight up childish, and judging by your attitude on this thread I would be surprised if people want to work with you.

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
I once had a medic who acted like this and locked them out of the rig until dispatch called me telling me my medic was on the phone basically crying cause I locked him out of the rig. Supervisor thought it was funny but my point was to teach my medic a lesson.
What lesson is that? Don't eff with the big man?

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
I once had a medic who acted like this and locked them out of the rig until dispatch called me telling me my medic was on the phone basically crying cause I locked him out of the rig. Supervisor thought it was funny but my point was to teach my medic a lesson.

We spend endless hours sitting two feet from our partners. Personality conflicts are enivitable in this job. I've seen some unique ways, both right and wrong, of dealing with personality clashes, but I can't seem to figure out what lesson was being taught here.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
If someone locked me out of my truck it would be very painful..........for them.

Secondly, I have never understood the hostility between fire & EMS....I get along great with the fire guys.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
If someone locked me out of my truck it would be very painful..........for them.
People that do dumb things like that get hit where it hurts the most...the wallet.

Secondly, I have never understood the hostility between fire & EMS....I get along great with the fire guys.
We have a mostly positive relationship as well. My only issue is when the firefighters like to apologize to me about how much worse I have it than them. I already know what the shortcomings of my job are, don't need them emphasized.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
We have a mostly positive relationship as well. My only issue is when the firefighters like to apologize to me about how much worse I have it than them. I already know what the shortcomings of my job are, don't need them emphasized.

That's when you go "yeah....that's why lunch should totally be on you today!"