Background check?!

Matt Colb

Forum Probie
So I have applied to many places and have signed for them to perform a background check. I have never been arrested or anything but I am worried something may be on there. My dad had a suspended license THAT WAS AN ERROR!!! Thank the CA DMV getting the name wrong. So I just want to check. Anyone know what program most companies like AMR and others use? And what it reveals? Medical, driving, ect? I just want to check on my own. Hopefully free or cheap. Thanks everyone

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
So I have applied to many places and have signed for them to perform a background check. I have never been arrested or anything but I am worried something may be on there. My dad had a suspended license THAT WAS AN ERROR!!! Thank the CA DMV getting the name wrong. So I just want to check. Anyone know what program most companies like AMR and others use? And what it reveals? Medical, driving, ect? I just want to check on my own. Hopefully free or cheap. Thanks everyone

Go to DMV and get a copy of H6 form.

OP
OP
M

Matt Colb

Forum Probie
Hey so when I was 17 I had a medical emergency. I had a anxiety attack and was taken to a 5150 hospital. I was released almost immediatly after I got there.. it was a lot of stress from school and my mom just got scared and called 911 and cops requested a transport. the local PD wont give me a ride along because it is still on there and they can see. can employers see that too? I was under 17 so it shouldnt even be on there... any advice? would this kill an application?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
You have to have a background check inorder to get the EMT lisence (in most states). Most companies won't do their own background check. As per the driving part just get an H-6 print out from the DMV and that's all they usually want.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
You have to have a background check inorder to get the EMT lisence (in most states). Most companies won't do their own background check. As per the driving part just get an H-6 print out from the DMV and that's all they usually want.

It would make no difference in this particular case as records under 18 are sealed. Not sure what most company do but we use http://www.intelius.com

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
It would make no difference in this particular case as records under 18 are sealed. Not sure what most company do but we use http://www.intelius.com

However the catch is that a 5150 (5585 to be specific as it deals with a minor) is a temporary psych hold, not a criminal record. The OP might want to consult with a lawyer because being placed on a psych hold as an adult (not sure if its the same with children) brings about a certain amount of loss of rights, such as the right to own firearms.

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
However the catch is that a 5150 (5585 to be specific as it deals with a minor) is a temporary psych hold, not a criminal record. The OP might want to consult with a lawyer because being placed on a psych hold as an adult (not sure if its the same with children) brings about a certain amount of loss of rights, such as the right to own firearms.

Really? I did not know that. The restrictions seems a bit unfair considering that being placed on a 5150 is somewhat subjective, and often imposed by non health care providers.

JPINFV

Gadfly
It's a 5 year ban on owning/operating/handling firearms, however there is a shot at an appeal. The provision was actually struck down for a while because it didn't include the option to appeal the fire arm ban, especially since most people don't appeal 5150s simply because by the time the court will hear it, the 72 hours will already be up. Next time you transport a patient under a 5150 read the backside of the form.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
I assume you are talking about care... it is just a credit check. private companys dont have any access to your criminal or health records. if you have your license you are clean enough. the driving record part, just get an H-6 it will have everything you want and then some.