Atlanta/Grady Hospital

404EMT

Forum Ride Along
im not sure the exact driving record rules, my driving history is not perfect by anymeans and i couldnt work for puckett because of it but they havent said anything to me about it at grady. the number you need to call is 404-616-6176 her name is malia daniels.

grady has its downsides but i love it there.

goodgrief

Forum Lieutenant
I've heard different things. 1 ticket in 3 years or 1 ticket in 5 years, or 2 tickets in five years....

Crunch

Forum Probie
im not sure the exact driving record rules, my driving history is not perfect by anymeans and i couldnt work for puckett because of it but they havent said anything to me about it at grady. the number you need to call is 404-616-6176 her name is malia daniels.

grady has its downsides but i love it there.

this.

no where else will you get that much experience that fast. protocols are a little stringent but if you fresh out of school that isn't necessarily a bad thing

Malia is really down to earth, give her a call

SouthernEMT

Forum Ride Along
i think Grady is 1 ticket in the last 3 years. when i applied i had a speeding ticket over 2 years old but was told it was enough to disqualify me for the insurance on the trucks. i hope to give it another shot after next august! good luck to you!

ghouliegrrrl

Forum Ride Along
Grady openings?

Hey there! I hope you don't mind my jumping on this thread, but I'm hoping you can answer a question that is frustrating the ****ens out of me.

I recently moved here from SW Virginia. I am a new paramedic (graduated this past summer) but worked as an EMT-I(99) for the year previous while I was in school. Our I(99) protocols were almost the same as our P protocols.

Anyway, I've applied to *eight* spots at Grady over the last few months. They've turned me down for four, and the other four are still open. I am not even getting a call - I can't seem to get past the resume stage.

Does anyone know if there is someone I can talk to over there? I don't know if there is something in my resume that is turning them off (quite possibly) or if there is some other secret to getting at least an interview there. Any ideas?

I'm desperate to get back on a truck - I love what I do. Rural/Metro isn't hiring right now (from what I've been told by a supervisor there)...are there any other agencies you would suggest applying to? Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places?

Thank you!
Nathan

Crunch

Forum Probie
Yeah you need to call Malia. Shes the one that handles hiring in the EMS department, her number is posted on here. i would do that before you fill out anymore applications. Grady just went through a hiring process so it may be a little bit before they hire again, but I bet it will still be before AMR or RM.

Last edited by a moderator:

404EMT

Forum Ride Along
also keep in mind we are moving to a new building away from the hospital so things are a bit hectic as far as getting ahold of anyone on the phone.