Arizona Company

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Anything you can tell me about Cypress Creek EMS? I would love to know about everything if you can give me inputs.

Meh. Inconsistent and unfair HR policies, policies that change spontaneously....not a career place

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
With that being said, Creek's also a far, far better place than a lot of alternatives. Better pay, benefits, and system than a lot of national alternatives, and a great place to gain experience.

Medic2643

Forum Probie
I worked for southwest prior to being hired by AMR and they subsequently purchased SW and PMT.
Working at southwest you will have a greater chance of being placed into a 911 position quicker as they hold most of the contracts (don't expect this to change as amr won't take business away from one operation to benefit another) and place priority on staffing these rides. You may spend a long while being temp placed on rides as openings occur though.

If you don't mind working IFT I would go AMR maricopa as the wage is the highest by far for paramedics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can someone please explain what's going on with AMR/RuralMetro/Southwest/whatever in Tucson, I know AMR bought up RuralMetro, is there a wage scale? Union? It's a little confusing

WildlandEMT89

Forum Lieutenant
Can someone please explain what's going on with AMR/RuralMetro/Southwest/whatever in Tucson, I know AMR bought up RuralMetro, is there a wage scale? Union? It's a little confusing

Tucson operations were under southwest ambulance so I would think they fall under the i60 for union representation. I'm not sure on their wages now.

FlightMedic303

Forum Ride Along
So I would like to write a quick update... The rate that was given to me by the interviewers of $18/hr for Southwest is apparently false.. I was given a starting rate of $14.61/hr and this is apparently non negotiable. There has been so much vague conversation with the HR recruiter through email when I attempted to address the discrepancy, no phone number to contact. Also the HR recruiter told me $14.61/hr was the 12 hour rate and would be less than that if I work 24/hr shifts.. Seems like I really got low balled... I made $24/hr in Denver (I know the Market is different)

Can anyone on here verify if this sounds accurate? Can someone please explain to me how their scheduling works? She told me that at $14.61 I will be making $39,500/yr... The math doesn't seem to add up unless I work 48hrs every single week or 96hr pay periods... So far nothing has been consistent with what was promised to me after my interview to what actually is happening...

Medic2643

Forum Probie
So I would like to write a quick update... The rate that was given to me by the interviewers of $18/hr for Southwest is apparently false.. I was given a starting rate of $14.61/hr and this is apparently non negotiable. There has been so much vague conversation with the HR recruiter through email when I attempted to address the discrepancy, no phone number to contact. Also the HR recruiter told me $14.61/hr was the 12 hour rate and would be less than that if I work 24/hr shifts.. Seems like I really got low balled... I made $24/hr in Denver (I know the Market is different)

Can anyone on here verify if this sounds accurate? Can someone please explain to me how their scheduling works? She told me that at $14.61 I will be making $39,500/yr... The math doesn't seem to add up unless I work 48hrs every single week or 96hr pay periods... So far nothing has been consistent with what was promised to me after my interview to what actually is happening...

I ran into a similar situation, phone calls with HR they stated one thing, then I interviewed and got a proposal for a position which was the $14.61/hr. no wage scale for experience, I was told on the phone I would get paid for my 18yrs experience. I was wondering if AMR has a union out here in AZ. It seems that even though AMR bought up all the companies, they almost seem to be separate still in their hiring process. Speaking with people who work for them, there is alot of differences still amongst the companies

WildlandEMT89

Forum Lieutenant
AMR SW is local i60 for union
Pmt lifeline is iaep
AMR maricopa, Lifeline, and river medical are Afscme local 2960

Each operation is independent of each other but we have combined hiring groups now so everyone is together through hiring until you finish your new hire training.

The rate you were quoted ($18) sounds about what the AMR maricopa medic rate is at. During the interview they ask if you would be open to working at a former ruralmetro operation (Swa/pmt) and if you say yes then your name gets offered up to them for hiring as well.

That pay rate for SW as a medic seems to be about right for their operation but I am not privy to the math they use for Their negotiated rates.

I know at AMR maricopa you take your 12hr rate and multiply it by 2288 to get your annual
($14.61 works out to $33,427.61 annual)
On a 24 at AMR maricopa you would be at $10.04

Southwest 12 hr units either work 3/4(week1/week2) or 4/4.
All valley private 24hr units work a Kelly schedule (OXOXOXXXX)

MeatWagon

Forum Probie
Each operation is independent of each other but we have combined hiring groups now so everyone is together through hiring until you finish your new hire training.

AMR is continuing to phase out the Southwest and PMT names, correct? I see AMR placing new ambulances on the streets of metro Phoenix with AMR and Life Line graphics. I haven't seen any new ambulances placed in service with Southwest or PMT graphics in at least 2 or 3 years.

WildlandEMT89

Forum Lieutenant
AMR is continuing to phase out the Southwest and PMT names, correct? I see AMR placing new ambulances on the streets of metro Phoenix with AMR and Life Line graphics. I haven't seen any new ambulances placed in service with Southwest or PMT graphics in at least 2 or 3 years.

The operations are still there but all the branding is AMR or lifeline now.