April Fools by NREMT!

Chiefjameel

Forum Probie
I took the NREMT-I april 1st to find out that they changed the format of the test. I will have to take it again for the 3rd time. :sad:

BTW. I didnt know the test changed. SMH!

blinnbuc89

Forum Crew Member
How did they change it? What do you mean?
I take mine on Wednesday and I haven't taken one for over 2 years.

OP
OP
C

Chiefjameel

Forum Probie
They added peds to the components. No wonder why. The test seemed harder this time. I guess its back to studying my emt I exam secret book. I refuse to let this test to get to me. :)

blinnbuc89

Forum Crew Member
Wasn't peds always on there?

I have the sections as
Airway
Medical
Cardio (for p)
OB/pedi
Trauma
Ops

Is it different from that?

OP
OP
C

Chiefjameel

Forum Probie
They incorporated peds in all the subjects. There are 5 subjects instead of 6 now. Airway respiration adults & peds, trauma adults& peds, cardiology adults & peds, medical ob& peds and ems ops.

Tommerag

What day is it?
Not to sound like a d**k, but shouldn't you have known the peds information anyways? Whether it was just the 1 category, or now the spread out over different categories its still something you should have known.

blinnbuc89

Forum Crew Member
I did not notice anything really out of the ordinary on my test. It stopped me at 80 and I passed. I used the JB Learning and it was really good.

OP
OP
C

Chiefjameel

Forum Probie
What's a good website that you would prefer that would give me scenario based questions like registry? I'm willing to invest a little money too.

blinnbuc89

Forum Crew Member
I used the JB learning, I just made a review type post of it the NREMT section called JB Learning. you can read what I wrote about it there.
Good luck.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Not to sound like a d**k, but shouldn't you have known the peds information anyways?

According to his other posts, he's on something on the order of his third or fourth attempt at the test. I'm gathering he probably has broader issues than simply not knowing the pediatric aspects. This all sounds just like an excuse for why he didn't pass. Not to sound like a ****, but honestly some people just are not cut out for EMS.

OP
OP
C

Chiefjameel

Forum Probie
According to his other posts, he's on something on the order of his third or fourth attempt at the test. I'm gathering he probably has broader issues than simply not knowing the pediatric aspects. This all sounds just like an excuse for why he didn't pass. Not to sound like a ****, but honestly some people just are not cut out for EMS.

Ok. Where's my encouragement? Damn! Your post was pretty irrelevant.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Where's my encouragement?

Am I supposed to give you false hope? Do you want me to lie to you? Hmm? Because if you don't want me to lie to you, then I have to point out that the best predictor of future performance is past performance and the fact that you've failed multiple times chances are you are going to continue to fail the test because apparently you haven't grasped the very basic level of knowledge necessary to attain your credentials. Sorry if that's disheartening or unpleasant to hear but that's the truth. If you don't like hearing the truth, I suggest you either keep your concerns to yourself or only talk to folks you know are willing to lie to you when faced with a situation like this. Best of luck in whatever you wind up doing.

Your post was pretty irrelevant

I don't see how what I said in regards to a question about what you should have known coming out of a program is irrelevant. You may not like it, but that does not make something not pertinent to the discussion.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Rushing to judgment

What people post here is like Swiss cheese; riddled with holes that anyone can fill in with whatever they want.

I hear usafmedic45 imagining. He's got a great imagination, unfortunately it doesn't offer a whole lotta respect to Chiefjameel who, just like the rest of us, is trying to find his place in EMS. Because he failed once or even twice does not mean he's one of those who are just not cut out for EMS. That's a summary judgment based on zero knowledge of what the kid's made of.

I'd fill the holes in Chief's Swiss cheese with something like this: he's new and doesn't have much real-world experience. He thinks he needs to study a certain way or study certain things to pass. There was a switch that threw him. He failed.

... and what he needs to learn is if you want to get good at what you do you study to understand, not pass. Passing is a by-product of thorough understanding. Hopefully he's already figured out taking shortcuts doesn't work!

That may not be the encouragement he's looking for either. All I'm saying is you can critique without tearing down.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
It could also be a failure of the program.

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
What people post here is like Swiss cheese; riddled with holes that anyone can fill in with whatever they want.

I hear usafmedic45 imagining. He's got a great imagination, unfortunately it doesn't offer a whole lotta respect to Chiefjameel who, just like the rest of us, is trying to find his place in EMS. Because he failed once or even twice does not mean he's one of those who are just not cut out for EMS. That's a summary judgment based on zero knowledge of what the kid's made of.

I'd fill the holes in Chief's Swiss cheese with something like this: he's new and doesn't have much real-world experience. He thinks he needs to study a certain way or study certain things to pass. There was a switch that threw him. He failed.

... and what he needs to learn is if you want to get good at what you do you study to understand, not pass. Passing is a by-product of thorough understanding. Hopefully he's already figured out taking shortcuts doesn't work!

That may not be the encouragement he's looking for either. All I'm saying is you can critique without tearing down.

Good post and well said, some people, although well intended lack the tact to convey a point without being hurtful, or maybe some people just don't care if they are hurtful, I dunno.

Might I add, the key to taking these exams is really understanding your subject matter, not just numbers or facts, but why. One must understand the workings of the machine they are working on, then and only then the repair makes sense... B)

OP
OP
C

Chiefjameel

Forum Probie
Good post and well said, some people, although well intended lack the tact to convey a point without being hurtful, or maybe some people just don't care if they are hurtful, I dunno.

Might I add, the key to taking these exams is really understanding your subject matter, not just numbers or facts, but why. One must understand the workings of the machine they are working on, then and only then the repair makes sense... B)

True true. But anyone got any advice on jb learning or emt national. Which one will get me better prepared? I'm looking towards them two.