Apps for your iPod medical related

62_derick

Forum Crew Member
I was on my iPod an looking at the medical applications and was wondering if others had a iPod or iPhone and what they had on there's or what they recommend to install.

LondonMedic

Forum Captain
My personal favourite is Medscape, closely followed by MedCalc, don't use anything else at work.

Have used Instant ECG and Gas Guide for revision.

iamajammer

Forum Probie
I have the following: Skyscape, Medscape, Pocket RN, Instant ECG, and ACLS.

clibb

Forum Captain
I would make this thread "Apps for any cell phone."

I currently have the G1 and I use Skyscape and Epocrates. Those two are awesome when it comes to information and good updates. I check almost every night if there are any newly released apps I could download.
Question though. Isn't it faster just to check your small booklet than to search those apps? My G1 is fairly slow sometimes.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Med Apps on my iPhone:

• Paramedic Protocol Provider
  • Full Code
  • Informed ALS field Guide
  • Weight Calc
  • Epocrates (BEST APP EVER!)
  • MedCalc
  • Pepid
  • UBurn Lite

...and the app I use most often in the medic unit... Bejeweled 2.

emdub

Forum Probie
I've got about a million, but these are the ones that I always keep on my iTouch.

-WikEM (I know Wikipedia isn't a reliable source, but this app seems to be pretty right on and who can 100% trust an iPod app anyway)
-EMS: BLS
-EMS: ALS
-Police Radio (so I can hear what's going on at base all the time)
-eMedic
-Quick MT
-STAT ICD-9
-Response (for GCS)
-uBurn Lite (great for rule of 9s)
-CPR-Choking

I RARELY break out my iTouch at work, but I go over these apps all the time when we're not on a call to keep on my toes.

wyoskibum

Forum Captain
Biased opinion but....

I was on my iPod an looking at the medical applications and was wondering if others had a iPod or iPhone and what they had on there's or what they recommend to install.

My favorite iPhone app is eMedic. (I created the iPhone version)

Also available on classic Palm, Windows Mobile (Pocket PC), and Windows. JAVA version in works for Android, Blackberry, and Palm WebOS.