Anyone work for Durham county EMS?

adwr070621

Forum Probie
You've been a big help. I really appreciate it. Gives me more optimism that I'll have a solid chance of getting hired there. Seems like the best place to work around here. I'm right outside Mebane so working in Durham would be perfect.

Another question is the GEMS and the PEPP. I have neither of those and they seem to be prerequisites. I looked up those courses and couldn't find them anywhere. Do you know anything about this? I have the PALS ACLS PHTLS

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I applied to Durham, and after waiting several weeks, they sent me an email saying they were holding their assessment in 5 days, and then again in 12 days, and invited me to come to one of them. Despite really wanting to work there, I currently have a FT job, and 5 days notice wasn't enough time to take off from work.

Otherwise, looks like a fun place to work, and if I do relocate to NC, I might reapply if I get more notice as to when their assessment will be.

i've been checking out this site https://news.ncems.org/employment and if
seems that lots of places down there seem to be hiring both EMTs and paramedics. So if you don't get into durham, there are plenty of other counties that are hiring