Anyone ever worked as an onsite/standby emt?

arctic2

Forum Crew Member
As the title says I want to know if any one has worked as a standby emt in a factory or other work envronmemt? Where you have a office/clinic for workers to come in or bring workers in to evaluate. Just want to know what types of places usually has these types of positions available. Be it factories industrial areas or construction. What were your hours, protocols and overall experience like? Any info would be helpful.

dutemplar

Forum Captain
I've known several who went from field EMS to support medical for MedCor at different locations. None of them have had anything bad to say about the company in general.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Not quite that sophisticated, but I work stand by for polo matches. Pretty straight forward, I check em out and if they need a hospital then I call an ambulance or tell them to go.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I've known several who went from field EMS to support medical for MedCor at different locations. None of them have had anything bad to say about the company in general.

I interviewed with them (they hired an RN, not a medic) but I really liked what I saw. The compensation package was excellent too.

OP
OP
A

arctic2

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for the help guys. Appreciate it. What are some of the other alternative jobs an emt can have besides the traditional renal taxi?