Anyone ever use an Amplified stethoscope

Kavsuvb

Forum Captain
Has anyone used the 3M™ Littmann® CORE Digital Stethoscope. I have one and have used it on the EMS calls and it has become a game changer because I'm deaf in one ear

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I use one. I don’t use it necessarily for the amplification capabilities but rather the noise cancellation feature which is great. I’m waiting for some more people to try out the Stemoscope before I get one.

berkeman

Forum Lieutenant
I use one. I don’t use it necessarily for the amplification capabilities but rather the noise cancellation feature which is great.
Noise cancellation would be good. I often am in pretty noisy environments when taking initial vitals. I looked at their website, but didn't see quickly what batteries it takes and how long they last. I'm guessing that it has a mechanical on-off switch?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Noise cancellation would be good. I often am in pretty noisy environments when taking initial vitals. I looked at their website, but didn't see quickly what batteries it takes and how long they last. I'm guessing that it has a mechanical on-off switch?
It’s a rechargeable battery with a micro-USB port, mine is a couple of years old so hopefully they have updated it to USB-C.

It does have a mechanical on and off switch. When the device is off you can use your stethoscope as a normal one.

My battery will last a couple of months however I see maybe 5 patients a month but you don’t use a lot of battery power. Turn it on, listen to some lung sounds, and then turn it off. It’s on for maybe 30 seconds at a time.

FiremanMike

Just a dude
I bought one when I started my ED nursing job, but found it annoyingly heavy and mostly unnecessary for what I needed. I bought a cardio 4 to replace it and it’s met my needs.

OP
OP
Kavsuvb

Kavsuvb

Forum Captain
I brought one and It worked for me being deaf in one ear. I can hear heart and lung sounds and see it visually on their app

OP
OP
Kavsuvb

Kavsuvb

Forum Captain
Here's an example of the Eko Stethoscope being used in action with the Berwyn Fire Company