Anyone ever heard of United Ambulance in the Bay Area?

Zen Paladin

Forum Probie
I used to see their rigs around sometimes, but not anymore so wonder if they are even in business still. Anyone know anything about them?

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
There was a United Ambulance in Marin county, prolly late 60's through the 1990's, maybe early 2000's. Subsidiary of SF ambulance and sister service of Acme-Western in Alameda County. I think they morphed into St. Joseph's Ambulance and then just disappeared when the patriarch of the whole system died or retired. If there was a Bay Area United after all of that, I doubt it was related.

RsqCrack

Bandwidth Binge
I used to see their rigs around sometimes, but not anymore so wonder if they are even in business still. Anyone know anything about them?
Yep, they were still in Hayward on Breakwater, adjacent the 92 last time I as in the area. IFT stuff and supposedly standby as well.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Yep, they were still in Hayward on Breakwater, adjacent the 92 last time I as in the area. IFT stuff and supposedly standby as well.
Well, according to Google, it appears that site, if not the entire company, is closed. It was apparently at 3530 Breakwater Ct in Hayward. There is another listing for "United Ambulance Services" in San Rafael, which is in Marin County. I don't know, and can't tell from Google, if that business is still open.

RsqCrack

Bandwidth Binge
Well, according to Google, it appears that site, if not the entire company, is closed. It was apparently at 3530 Breakwater Ct in Hayward. There is another listing for "United Ambulance Services" in San Rafael, which is in Marin County. I don't know, and can't tell from Google, if that business is still open.
According to reality, on or about 17 January of this year, they had ambulances parked in the back parking lot and a sign on the building.

I did not stop and talk to anybody, I was simply grabbing food and passing back to the facility I needed to visit.

The Mexican restaurant on the other side of that plaza is great for breakfast and lunch.