Anyone else get nervous before their CPR cert?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I havent had good history with CPR dummies---

In CPR class, when I picked one up to do FBAO, the head snapped off the body and I was stuck there holding the head.

When in EMT class, again with FBAO on an infant, the head flew off during back blows.

I feel bad for my future FBAO pts.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Not CPR, but EMT. I was just talking in general about the thing I dislike the most in my EMS education so far.

I don't mind being the dead patient or the psych patient, though. The first one allows me to do nothing and the second means I can run around the classroom screaming, sucking my thumb, and pretending to be riding a unicorn.:ph34r::wacko:

We did a drill one time on restraints. Unknown to the rest of the class, I told my shortest, feistiest firefighter that I'd pay him $20 bucks if he could prevent them from restraining him.... it was a fun class and no one got seriously hurt... much....

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
It's easy to get nervous but just remember that thousands of people go through thee same thing. You feel like an idiot, but no one in class can hold it against you since they themselves have to do it as well.

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
Lol we get to yell at simulator dummies now, first class to use them, not sure if they talk back though...They should considering they were 30,000 plus each.

Labareda

Forum Probie
I was nervous when I got my certification.
Well to be honest i wasnt, its really very simple, and I'm shy but I still yelled at the dummy as if my life depended on it. Guess that at the moment of the exam our adrenalin levels increase and we forget that all the "acting" is extremely embarassing :D

OP
OP
F

FR Wrath

Forum Probie
Well I did pass it, and I'm in my 2nd week of EMT-B class now. I must say that this is the absolute most interesting class I have ever taken. We've just gone over the combi-tube and patient assessment. We have a full day for skills studies tomorrow, so should be interesting. I love this forum.^_^