anybody see the advertisements for 'the moment of truth' on fox

jazminestar

Forum Crew Member
you know that stupid lie detector show?? well this week they are going to have an EMT on there.........man oh man, one of the questions they ask him is 'have you ever touched a female patient more then what was required of you (somthing along those lines) and if he had ever falsified a report..........just curious what everyone thinks of it, since this douche bag:glare: is going to be giving ems a bad name, particuarly the males......at least it seems like it.....anyhoo....what do you think?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I refuse to watch crap like that.

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
you know that stupid lie detector show?? well this week they are going to have an EMT on there.........man oh man, one of the questions they ask him is 'have you ever touched a female patient more then what was required of you (somthing along those lines) and if he had ever falsified a report..........just curious what everyone thinks of it, since this douche bag:glare: is going to be giving ems a bad name, particuarly the males......at least it seems like it.....anyhoo....what do you think?

Honestly if I had it in me, id fight to not get the show aired. If he fails that question looka t what message he is sending about EMS. He will royaly ::insert curse here:: up our image. When is it on, ill tune in for this episode.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I'm with FFEMT... I've got better things to spend my time on.

Touched a patient - I'm actually OK with that question, to a point... that questions HIS integrity.

The documentation question? That's a biggie.

I'd feel better if they got a cop on and asked him about "racial profiling" and "excessive force" first.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I've noticed that almost everyone so far ASSUMES that he either did wrong, or will lie about it.

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
I've noticed that almost everyone so far ASSUMES that he either did wrong, or will lie about it.

I think it should be aboput assuming he DID DO it because if he did then what?

OP
OP
jazminestar

jazminestar

Forum Crew Member

well the way they edit it, they make it sound like he said 'yes' to the bad questions, i mean maybe he didn't, but it just makes me uncomfortable that he would go on national tv and put himself in that position.:wacko:....i want to watch to see what he says, but just in the previews it makes ems look bad you know??

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Of course... they've got to make you want to watch for some reason, right?

OP
OP
jazminestar

jazminestar

Forum Crew Member
of course....i came from the entertainment world, i know how they do! :lol: anything to get you to watch........or listen

kayrules5340

Forum Probie
the show is probably fake, i've watched most of them, and people like ruin their marriages and destroy friendships.....also one of the people who was on the show is an actor....i can't find the link though.....

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
If i had Tv...i probably wouldn't watch it. besides anyone trained well enough can fake a poly. but like stated here before it may turn into "oh i don't want to go to the hospital in an ambo...i here they molest you". kind of like the whole priest thing, now a lot of people are starting not to trust their kids to any priest even though most aren't that way.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmmm show hasn't even aired and look how much attention its gotten! That will sell cookies and laundry detergent!

I do have a TV. I do not have a dish. I get three channels, two of them Canadian. I can see Canadian news on CBC and some silly re-runs. I grew up without TV so its a pointless waste of time in most cases to me.

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
Don't sweat it gang. In PR, remember the twelve day rule. After 12 days most people will have forgotten the episode.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Don't sweat it gang. In PR, remember the twelve day rule. After 12 days most people will have forgotten the episode.

What episode? :wacko:

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't watch the show but the previews make EMTs seems like lying rapists.

The way the cut the preview it seems as if he answers "yes" to falsifying a report.

If he does, I hope there is some way he can lose his license over it...

Jeremy89

Forum Captain
It makes me angry because this guy puts his job on the line like its no big deal. However, I would give anything to be able to just have a job as an EMT. People take simple things like that for granted every day and that's not cool with me. Granted I at least have a job unlike many others, but I'm an EMT that works retail for God's sake!

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
Well he just admitted faslifying a report, weather he did or not id fire him

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
And.........THE MOMENT OF TRUTH, "Have you ever touched a female pt. more than your job requires."

His Answer, No

The Real Answer, YES

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
most of you are making assumptions, which is never a good idea.

your assuming that the person shown is actually an emt.

your assuming that his answers are actually true, not scripted to garner ratings.

your assuming that the previews accurately represent the show. as previously mentioned, they cut and paste lines from shows to make the best blurbs for the previews all the time. when you see the actual episode, it isnt the same.

these are all assumptions made by sheeple being led right down the path by the producers. BAAAAHHHHH!!!