E

EMT-G36C

Forum Crew Member
free_candy_van.jpg

Is this your van?

I didn't know my "very private" service had pictures up!:p

I'll participate more.

Just you watch.

I dont post alot, because if I have nothing meaningful to say, I dont like wasting your time.

OP
OP
E

EMT-G36C

Forum Crew Member
Yeah, if you are complaining that this board is too dead for you, why dont you post some yourself. Remember, this is a two way street. If you expect the members of this forum to post interesting and substantive discussions, then you need to reciprocate.
Is it just me, or is it a faux pas to discuss the "competition"...?
It's not competition. No one loses anything, and using more forums gets you more info.

OP
OP
E

EMT-G36C

Forum Crew Member
Howdy, um.. I'm brand new here. I'm some guy with a medic card and I've got an answer for his question. I have been on EMSvillage.com for years. It has a very active forum with good discussion most any time.

I came here looking to "expand" also, but I'm hooked on EMSvillage.com

And no, I have nothing to do with the site other than being an avid user of their forums.
Thank you sir.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Howdy, um.. I'm brand new here. I'm some guy with a medic card and I've got an answer for his question. I have been on EMSvillage.com for years. It has a very active forum with good discussion most any time.

I came here looking to "expand" also, but I'm hooked on EMSvillage.com

And no, I have nothing to do with the site other than being an avid user of their forums.

What are you talking about? The forum for EMSVillage is slow and inactive, the "newest" news article on it's homepage is from 2007.

There's a lot more discussion going on here at EMT Life, but the level of professional discussion is a little higher there. It all depends on whether you're looking for professional discussion or a social club.

EMTCity is more a social club than this website, and professional discussion? Perhaps more discussion about professional topics, but the discussion can get down right mean and nasty over there. The quality of posts over here is far more professional.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
shhhh..... Here's a little secret... There is about four that is very active here there and use different names on the other boards. So its the same folks.

R/r 911

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
shhhh..... Here's a little secret... There is about four that is very active here there and use different names on the other boards. So its the same folks.

R/r 911

Shhh....there's more than four.;)

Sasha

Forum Chief

And some who don't use different names. I'm on there, too. "Miss Sasha" only because I couldn't get "Sasha" but, the difference between here and there is that over there it's not as moderated as it is here. While I do feel sometimes that this board is a little over moderated, the moderators do a good job at keeping discussion civil.

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
EMTCity is more a social club than this website, and professional discussion? Perhaps more discussion about professional topics, but the discussion can get down right mean and nasty over there. The quality of posts over here is far more professional.
By "professional discussion", I was referring to discussion of the profession, not the level of professionalism in the discussion tone. There just seems to be more relevant discussion of the issues of the profession there than here. A lot of the professional discussion here is very basic and superficial. Seems like a lot of the topics posted here are attempts by people to simply validate themselves and their own ideas instead of looking for honest feedback and intelligent debate. But the ratio of basics to medics is higher here too, so that accounts for much of the disparity. It's just a very different head between the two communities.