Any of your employers pay for outside CE?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I am an employer and yes I pay for many of my staff's CE. Additionally, if it is a really good course, I find it much more cost effective to hire the trainer to come to us instead of the other way around.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I pay for my own ce hours. My agency is trying to get the budget set so that we offer basic csrd coirses, but right now I pay for everything out of pocket that I don't teach

OP
OP
R

rails

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Thanks for the replies, guys.

My work has paid for our instructor cards, which is nice. We just don't get reimbursed for outside CE.

Thanks again.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
We offer the standard merit badge courses for free at my work, and they will pay for 1-2 hour of CE for EMTs and medics respectively per month.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
We get most of the alphabet soup courses in house as well as a ton of optional online and in person training/education.
If something isn't offered we can put in a request to have have it offered. Most times it is approved.
We have access to online courses while on the clock and the in person classes mandatory and optional are paid at our regular rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

rails

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
<snip> We have access to online courses while on the clock and the in person classes mandatory and optional are paid at our regular rate.

Oh wow, very nice. We don't get paid while doing our card courses or for outside CE. We do get paid for internal, required CE (non-card-courses).