Any news on an ESO EHR app coming to Apple devices?

Kevinf

Forum Captain
I've heard rumblings about ESO porting their ESOsuite into IOS app form for use on iPads. Has anyone here heard anything concrete?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
My agency has been asking about it. All we are told it's being ported, but no word on timeframe.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
We've been told that for two years. Really the only thing I dislike about ESO...

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I was told no. I was also told “absolutely not” when I asked about an android version of the mobile app. That would make life easier and allow it to run on inexpensive tablets.

We mostly use the web version of EHR and that runs on everything.

OP
OP
Kevinf

Kevinf

Forum Captain
We also use the web version on iPads, but the problem with that is two-fold;
  • Weekly scheduled system maintenance that precludes using web ESO at all during that time period.
  • Lost/blocked 3G/4G service can hamper crews from getting signatures.
There are very few Windows tablets/laptops that are as portable as the iPad mini 4's that we use. There are NONE that have the ability to manage, track, secure, and lock down the tablets baked in like Apple does. So that necessitates more expensive and bulkier hardware, plus the additional cost of Mobile Device Management software if you go that route.

Native apps for Android and iOS are such a huge selling point, I don't understand how or why they aren't tripping over themselves to get them out.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Yea, it makes no sense to me. Working in the mountains frequently means no signal, and crews like to actually the ePCR on long transports. We switched to Windows tablets but they're expensive.