Any info on ALS IFT companies in So Cal???

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
I just obtained my medic and have been searching around for jobs. I am open to going up to hall or even American up in Fresno, or AMR in riverside/ San Bernardino but I also keep coming across job openings for ALS IFT medics in orange and Los Angeles county that pay $24-30 starting. I can't find any info on what they do/ or are able to do.
If anyone has any information on what kind of calls they run that would be greatly appreciated!

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Run screaming the other direction as fast and far as possible. You will do no legit CCT work, its BS pts that they have decided need a monitor, and BLS runoff. Don't do it, the pay is not worth it.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
In Orange County, Lynch ambulance is doing some actual ALS IFT stuff. Mechanical ventilators, IV pumps and are able to transport with a decent amount of medications including TPA.

The majority of your calls will be easy SNF to ED, hospital to hospital, or discharges.

OP
OP
J

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
In Orange County, Lynch ambulance is doing some actual ALS IFT stuff. Mechanical ventilators, IV pumps and are able to transport with a decent amount of medications including TPA.

The majority of your calls will be easy SNF to ED, hospital to hospital, or discharges.

Do you work in so cal???

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Yes sir. Only ground experience is in Riverside county.

OP
OP
J

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Also any info on liberty in ridgecrest??? I can’t find a website or any updated information from employees

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Nice. Do you like/recommend it???
AMR divisions are pretty much treated like completely different companies. I have no real personal experience with Riverside division but I have heard a ton of unfavorable stories however they just got a new union contract so things may be changing. Hemet and Palm Springs divisions operate more closely and if needed can swap employees. I’ve had great experiences with them.
I’m guessing AMR?
You would be correct.
Also any info on liberty in ridgecrest??? I can’t find a website or any updated information from employees
Liberty Ambulance in Ridgecrest does not have an actual website (strange in 2019). They run 72 hour shifts every week. They are currently going through a lot of changes because several months ago the ambulance company was bought by Ridgecrest Regional Hospital (a small 7 ED bed hospital with no specialities). They run BLS and ALS 911/IFT. They are a small company and only cover a handful of cities in the eastern part of Kern County.

CbrMonster

Forum Lieutenant
Message me on what companies specifically, there’s 3 I can think of als ift and can give you a pretty good run down on each

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
Liberty is OK. Pay is horrible (last year it was around 12-14 dollars for a medic). But, you do work 72/96 96/72 schedule so you make up with OT. Full time means you are away from friends/family for half a year with that schedule. You are first in 911 though, a lot of trauma on those highways and high medical acuity calls. However, due to the way Kern EMS EOA's work, you handle ALL of the IFTs in your district (unless it is a service your company doesn't provide-like CCT). SO, plan on getting ran with 911 during the day, and you'll get an IFT at 3am to Barstow or Bakersfield or even LA.

OP
OP
J

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Liberty is OK. Pay is horrible (last year it was around 12-14 dollars for a medic). But, you do work 72/96 96/72 schedule so you make up with OT. Full time means you are away from friends/family for half a year with that schedule. You are first in 911 though, a lot of trauma on those highways and high medical acuity calls. However, due to the way Kern EMS EOA's work, you handle ALL of the IFTs in your district (unless it is a service your company doesn't provide-like CCT). SO, plan on getting ran with 911 during the day, and you'll get an IFT at 3am to Barstow or Bakersfield or even LA.

Ohhh gotcha. That is some long hours for being ran all day and night. Do you have any places you recommend applying to

CbrMonster

Forum Lieutenant

Liberty in kern county, liberty in oc/la metro area is very different company which is only ift als/bls whixh I think is the one the op was talking about.

Liberty in kern is primarily 911 correct?

OP
OP
J

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Liberty in kern county, liberty in oc/la metro area is very different company which is only ift als/bls whixh I think is the one the op was talking about.

Liberty in kern is primarily 911 correct?

Correct and either or. I heard about liberty kern and liberty OC/LA. I’m going to a hiring event in 2 weeks and liberty OC was going to be there along with AMR riverside and San Bernardino.

CbrMonster

Forum Lieutenant
Correct and either or. I heard about liberty kern and liberty OC/LA. I’m going to a hiring event in 2 weeks and liberty OC was going to be there along with AMR riverside and San Bernardino.
What’s the event if you don’t mind me asking?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Liberty in Ridgecrest and Liberty in OC/LA are completely different companies with nothing in common.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That has changed somewhat. Since Ridgecrest Regional bought Liberty ambulance, Hall has been refusing transfers out of there (At least as of 3 months ago this was the case). This would leave the Liberty crew taking an ED nurse with them for a CCT call, doing a ground transfer with the Mercy Air crew, or if insurance approved it then Mercy would just fly the patient. Ridgecrest Regional was waiting for things to settle down with the purchase of Liberty and then were going to start the process to become a CCT service.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Is Hall completely off of your radar?

Still a really good place to work/ gain experience...fast. They always need good paramedics, too. It would hands down be my choice over either Liberty, or Delano (no offense).

SoCal ALS IFT-wise, I agree with @DesertMedic66, LYNCH is your best bet.

CbrMonster

Forum Lieutenant
Is Hall completely off of your radar?

Still a really good place to work/ gain experience...fast. They always need good paramedics, too. It would hands down be my choice over either Liberty, or Delano (no offense).

SoCal ALS IFT-wise, I agree with @DesertMedic66, LYNCH is your best bet.
I think it’s a drive for most unless you could start off on 24hr shifts