Anxiously Waiting...

OCTraumaQueen

Forum Crew Member
Me...Anxiously waiting to hear by E-mail if I got hired with CARE Ambulance in Orange...Cross your phalanges! =D ^_^

482621_10150597679330995_673020994_9357347_1591739103_n.jpg

bchasep

Forum Crew Member
good luck! i have an interview with them on the 26th. How was it? hows the written and skills portion?

OP
OP
OCTraumaQueen

OCTraumaQueen

Forum Crew Member
good luck! i have an interview with them on the 26th. How was it? hows the written and skills portion?

Thanks! and Good Luck to you!!!

It felt pretty intense to me... It was my first EMT interview though.

The written was first. If you didn't pass that you walked.
It was 50 questions, you have to pass with 80% (so you are allowed
to miss ten) Two people didn't pass.

Next was Oral or Skills portion. They called you back. For the Oral, there was a panel of three people and it was scored by points, they wanted to know how you handled situations at work or at school or at home, they wanted thorough answers. They were all very nice.

The skills were: Airway: O.P.A., N.P.A., Suctioning, B.V.M., Bleeding control, Tourniquet, Splint, Shock stations. We got a sheet to go over what they were looking for but if you can't ask any questions regarding it.

I heard it's overall PASS or FAIL. They don't tell you your results.

They said we will find out in a week by E-Mail.
I hope this helps!

EMTHokie

Forum Probie
Thanks! and Good Luck to you!!!

It felt pretty intense to me... It was my first EMT interview though.

The written was first. If you didn't pass that you walked.
It was 50 questions, you have to pass with 80% (so you are allowed
to miss ten) Two people didn't pass.

Next was Oral or Skills portion. They called you back. For the Oral, there was a panel of three people and it was scored by points, they wanted to know how you handled situations at work or at school or at home, they wanted thorough answers. They were all very nice.

The skills were: Airway: O.P.A., N.P.A., Suctioning, B.V.M., Bleeding control, Tourniquet, Splint, Shock stations. We got a sheet to go over what they were looking for but if you can't ask any questions regarding it.

I heard it's overall PASS or FAIL. They don't tell you your results.

They said we will find out in a week by E-Mail.
I hope this helps!

I always hate the waiting game, I'm trying to get one with one of the County Fire/EMS agencies in my area and the waiting game drives me crazy... Good luck :D

OP
OP
OCTraumaQueen

OCTraumaQueen

Forum Crew Member
I always hate the waiting game, I'm trying to get one with one of the County Fire/EMS agencies in my area and the waiting game drives me crazy... Good luck :D

Thank you!

When do you hear back? any idea?
Supposedly I'll know today or tomorrow at the latest.

EMTHokie

Forum Probie
Thank you!

When do you hear back? any idea?
Supposedly I'll know today or tomorrow at the latest.

I'm just starting the process. I go for written testing this weekend, but it was over a month from the time I applied to the time I was contacted about written, and I'm sure it will be another month between written and physical agility testing.

OP
OP
OCTraumaQueen

OCTraumaQueen

Forum Crew Member
I'm just starting the process. I go for written testing this weekend, but it was over a month from the time I applied to the time I was contacted about written, and I'm sure it will be another month between written and physical agility testing.

I applied for this position in September!!
But yeah, waiting is hard... Bets wishes for the written
and the others! Let me know how it goes!!

Sako887

Forum Probie
Same here, I went in for an interview last monday. I heard we're supposed to find out today...

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Good luck!

OP
OP
OCTraumaQueen

OCTraumaQueen

Forum Crew Member
Same here, I went in for an interview last monday. I heard we're supposed to find out today...

Did you have the a.m. interview??

:)

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
I hate to say it, but half of these people on here saying they hope they get hired by care... I hope don't. (BTW THE OP IS NOT ONE OF THEM..... Yet)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
OCTraumaQueen

OCTraumaQueen

Forum Crew Member
I hate to say it, but half of these people on here saying they hope they get hired by care... I hope don't. (BTW THE OP IS NOT ONE OF THEM..... Yet)

???

Sako887

Forum Probie

bchasep

Forum Crew Member
i have pm interview on 26th of march. Hoping i do well since i have tons of friends who work for CARE and they all say they love it.

Sako887

Forum Probie
Yeah I've heard great things about care, it seems like it's one of the top notch companies to be working for right now

OP
OP
OCTraumaQueen

OCTraumaQueen

Forum Crew Member
Day #8.........Still Waiting... <3
I heard exactly a week (yesterday) and I heard today
we would know.......

How long did it take YOU to find out from CARE?