Ann Arbor or Detroit area jobs

Rialaigh

Forum Asst. Chief
Looking advice, pay, comments, and overall thoughts on the jobs and services available within ~30 minutes of these areas (and in between). I know very little about EMS in Michigan but am trying to find out a bit more. Anything you can point me towards as far as pay, benefits, protocols, or anything else would be helpful. I have done a fair bit of online research but am having trouble finding what I need.

:)

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I haven't worked in the area in more than 10 years, but here is what I have:

The pay and benefits for the Ann Arbor / Metro Detroit area area pretty similar. EMT range is $10-$13 an hour and Paramedic is $15-$25 or so.

In metro Detroit there are a number of municipal agencies and private services that provide 911 EMS and other services. Here is a list. In Oakland County you'll follow the county protocols.

In Ann Arbor the dominant service is Huron Valley Ambulance. They seem to be at the top of the scale for pay and benefits for top providers, and also seem to have the highest standards.

HVA has an updated benefits brochure that gives you an idea of the benefits they offer.

Michigan is desperate for Paramedics.

Good luck!

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Oren is one of the recruiters at HVA. If you reach out to him he's pretty easy to get a hold of and will set up a time for you to tour HVA HQ.