And we finally have..............

Tommerag

What day is it?
The iPhone for verizon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is anyone else pumped about this announcement? Not to mention it will have a mobile hot spot built in which you can connect up to 5 computers to.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
The iPhone for verizon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is anyone else pumped about this announcement? Not to mention it will have a mobile hot spot built in which you can connect up to 5 computers to.

No, cause it is CDMA and their network sucks. I'll stick with my iPhone 4 on AT&T, and hopefully in the next month or two, we will hear about the release of the iPhone 5, which I will get along with iPad 2.

OP
OP
Tommerag

Tommerag

What day is it?
I can say I have never had a problem with Verizon's network and I have been with them since 2004. And seeing as how we dont have AT&T here in south dakota, yet anyways. I will be more then happy with this. Once Verizon further lays out their LTE network I think Verizon's network will be much better then AT&Ts.

Side note: Can one of the Mods move this topic to the general discussion, didnt realize I posted in the wrong area.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
I can say I have never had a problem with Verizon's network and I have been with them since 2004. And seeing as how we dont have AT&T here in south dakota, yet anyways. I will be more then happy with this. Once Verizon further lays out their LTE network I think Verizon's network will be much better then AT&Ts.

Side note: Can one of the Mods move this topic to the general discussion, didnt realize I posted in the wrong area.

Wait til iPhone users try to facetime and use some of the more advanced features.. Myself and several other developers aren't going to adapt any of our programs that work via the transmission of cellular data over to work with CDMA.

As far as the network being better, I could post some studies from a technical standpoint, but will refrain.. When I speak of better, I am not speaking of signal alone, I am speaking of fiber lines, tower transmission rates, and several other factors..

Either way, it is time for iPhone 5, and I doubt Verizon will be getting the iPhone 5 for at least another year after AT&T gets it, Long Term Evolution network or not. According to the modmyi post a few weeks ago announcing the iPhone 4 would be coming to verizon, with the announcement slated for 1.11.11 at 11:00 AM, the Verizon version will cost about $30 - $50 more due to the cost of the equipment needed to use CDMA.

OP
OP
Tommerag

Tommerag

What day is it?
Verizon version will cost about $30 - $50 more due to the cost of the equipment needed to use CDMA.

That is actually false. The iPhone 4 cost the exact same on verizon as att&t 199 for the 16gb and 299 for the 32gb.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
That is actually false. The iPhone 4 cost the exact same on verizon as att&t 199 for the 16gb and 299 for the 32gb.

Where did they post this? (link?)

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
All the news articles on it today :D

Haven't read any of the articles today, been too busy. I was going on the post from modmyi. Speaking of which, time to check Google Fastflip.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus

Um, if AT&T hasn't seen the point on moving in, what makes you think Verizion is going to provide LTE service to the area anytime soon?

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Im just glad to see HSPA+ getting the boot. Also, Aidey is right. You are only gonna get 4G in metropolitan areas. Moreover, AT&T has 10x the fiber Verizon ever will.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Tommerag

Tommerag

What day is it?
Supposedly my area is supposed to have LTE by the end of the year. We'll see whether or not that comes true.

South Dakota has always been dominated by Verizon and Alltel, but AT&T bought Alltel in South Dakota and that is supposed to happen some time this spring/summer I believe.

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
I could be wrong but I thought I read the verizon iphone will only be 3g compatible.

I have android phone 3g connection now and I think its pretty quick, 4g must be blazing.

I no techie by any stretch so the fact that I can even surf the web on my phone is pretty amazing to me.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
True, but app cost in general goes to the Droid.

Doesn't bother me. I would rather have a phone that I can use for few days, and pay a little more for apps, than to have cheap apps and a phone that dies after a few hours.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
Meh

Android > iOS.

Yeah, and spider straps > quick clips, Type II ambulances > Type III ambulances, chocolate ice cream > strawberry ice cream, and Deer Park bottled water > Aquafina bottled water.

If everybody agreed with that, there wouldn't be any quick clips, Type III ambulances, strawberry ice cream, or Aquafina water.

So "Android > iOS" is FALSE. Maybe it's true FOR YOU but it's not true as an absolute statement.

EMS49393

Forum Captain
I like my blackberry. It's actually a pinkberry and it's taken me almost two years to figure it out, except voicemail. I still have no idea how to get my voicemail set up.

I'm not ready for anything more complicated.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Doesn't bother me. I would rather have a phone that I can use for few days, and pay a little more for apps, than to have cheap apps and a phone that dies after a few hours.

Look for juicedefender in the market place... you'll thank me.

My G2 lasts over a 24hr shift with heavy usage, no charging.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Look for juicedefender in the market place... you'll thank me.

My G2 lasts over a 24hr shift with heavy usage, no charging.

I've seen no noticeable improvement. I want my phone to last for at least 2 full days. 3 preferably. My blackberry was great about this.

When I go out all night, I want to know that my phone will still have charge when I wake up sometime the next day. lol (work hard, play hard).