And we finally have..............

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I like my blackberry. It's actually a pinkberry and it's taken me almost two years to figure it out, except voicemail. I still have no idea how to get my voicemail set up.

I'm not ready for anything more complicated.

My iPhone I a lot less complicated than a blackberry. :p

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
I tried a Blackberry, a Curve I think it was, in 2008. It looked nice. I really wanted to like it. At the time, I was coming from a Palm Treo 755; the BB Curve was essentially the same shape and size, with small screen at top and keyboard at the bottom.

I really wanted to like it, and tried to, but in the end, I just couldn't. I didn't like that it wasn't a touch screen (like the Palm and so many other devices), and I didn't like the OS itself.

At the time, I had no intention of getting an iPhone. I'd never actually used one, though. Looking back, I really don't know why I was so much against the iPhone at first. I had a similar problem with getting an iPod, which I had done only about a year or so earlier. Even though this is stupid, I still have a tendency to shy away from the mainstream, or doing what everyone else is doing, or what the "cool people" are doing. But after I had bought the BB Curve and began to realize I just wasn't digging it, I began looking for something else, since I was still able to return the Curve.

I looked at some of the other Windows smartphones and didn't really like anything...I actually did try a Palm Treo with the Palm OS (my older 755 had Windows on it), but didn't like the Palm OS, either. At this time, as I mentioned in the last paragraph, I was always skipping right past the iPhone displays in the stores, but that week the iPhone 3G came out and I said what the heck, I'll take a look, since I'm in the store and there's a line of people that want to buy one and no salesperson available to help me find something else. So I looked...and I liked. And I wound up buying one.

The iPhone isn't perfect. No Android phone is perfect. No phone of any kind, smart or otherwise, is perfect. Each has its own set of strengths and weaknesses. You find the best thing you like and can afford and works where you need it to work, and hopefully you find the thing that's best for you.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I have no clue what most of you are talking about but I just got the latest greatest thing....it is called a Nextel and it works like a 2 way radio...man I just push the button and I can talk coast to coast...freaking amazing!!!

I hardly use any minutes either...anyways, hope you guys hear about this soon and try it out!

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I have no clue what most of you are talking about but I just got the latest greatest thing....it is called a Nextel and it works like a 2 way radio...man I just push the button and I can talk coast to coast...freaking amazing!!!

I hardly use any minutes either...anyways, hope you guys hear about this soon and try it out!

Latest, greatest? :-?

I had one of those back in 2004. I only got rid of it cause NEXTELL (sprint) does not cover where I live. I absolutely loved it though.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Latest, greatest? :-?

I had one of those back in 2004. I only got rid of it cause NEXTELL (sprint) does not cover where I live. I absolutely loved it though.

Please tell me you were merely playing along with my humor....?

Sasha

Forum Chief
As a verizon customer I'm not psyched because I don't want an iphone. I want a droid.

Actually if I had the ability to get anything other than my blackberry, RIGHT now, I'd probably take it. Windows phone, iphone, droid phone, I don't care. As long as it does internet, texting, and is not a blackberry. They're crap phones. Crap.

EMS49393

Forum Captain
I'm going to be forced into getting a new phone. My blackberry keeps giving me the white screen of death telling me I have an app error and have to reset. It's also running like an old dog.

I'm thinking about a droid. I might consider an iphone, but I'm pretty concerned about usability with the iphone. I purposely bought a Zune because I couldn't figure out how to use itunes and load songs from my library to an ipod. I've had that wonderful Zune for three years and it's the best little electronic thing I've ever owned. Now, if it just had more than 80g capacity, I'd be set.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm going to be forced into getting a new phone. My blackberry keeps giving me the white screen of death telling me I have an app error and have to reset. It's also running like an old dog.

I'm thinking about a droid. I might consider an iphone, but I'm pretty concerned about usability with the iphone. I purposely bought a Zune because I couldn't figure out how to use itunes and load songs from my library to an ipod. I've had that wonderful Zune for three years and it's the best little electronic thing I've ever owned. Now, if it just had more than 80g capacity, I'd be set.

The biggest iPod is 160 GB, twice the size of your Zune. That's $250.

There are a few different ways to load songs onto an iPod from iTunes. Once the iPod has been connected to an iTunes library for the first time, I believe the default is for all songs to be synced. You can also choose to sync only "checked" songs; each song has a little checkbox in the library, and only those that have been checked would be synced if you use this option. You can also create a special playlist, put only the songs you want on your iPod in this playlist, and then sync just that playlist to your iPod. I believe you can also drag and drop songs from the library area onto the iPod icon on the left side of the iTunes window.

EMS49393

Forum Captain
The biggest iPod is 160 GB, twice the size of your Zune. That's $250.

There are a few different ways to load songs onto an iPod from iTunes. Once the iPod has been connected to an iTunes library for the first time, I believe the default is for all songs to be synced. You can also choose to sync only "checked" songs; each song has a little checkbox in the library, and only those that have been checked would be synced if you use this option. You can also create a special playlist, put only the songs you want on your iPod in this playlist, and then sync just that playlist to your iPod. I believe you can also drag and drop songs from the library area onto the iPod icon on the left side of the iTunes window.

I fiddled with itunes for weeks. It was truly the biggest pain in the butt program I have ever used (and I've used plenty in the past 25 years). Zune is incredibly easy and it likes all my formats, populates my media whenever I upload. I have a monthly pass that gives me unlimited downloads and 10 credits a month to use to purchase songs. It takes the microsoft points as well. It's just more user friendly. To each his own.

As far as phones, if I didn't use the email and internet so much because of my business, I'd down-grade to a dumb phone like my parents have. Unfortunately, I have an obsession for monitoring my every minute of my business and absolutely need to be connected to customers and suppliers all the time. I'll probably end up with one of the newer blackberrys. My husband is pretty set on an iphone and I hope they aren't running one of the BOGO's because that would automatically screw me into an iphone since its his contract year to choose. :sad:

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't think you have to worry about that, I've never been aware of any special deals or offers on iPhones.