Anatomy Questions

HWhite98

Basic B*
Ok, so I already knew I was going to need to learn about anatomy and physiology for my EMT-B class, which starts on the tenth. But so far, it seems kind of intimidating. Do you guys have any tips on how to get the anatomy and physiology down? Also what are the most important anatomy and physiology topics that I should know. I already know that cardiovascular and respiratory are obviously a must but what else?

I'm probably making it seem scarier then it actually is, but any tips on how to learn the information successfully is appreciated.

teedubbyaw

Forum Deputy Chief
It's not very in-depth. They even split the abdomen into 4 quadrants for you!

The physiology is very straight forward in basic. You'll learn more on the cellular level in paramedic school.

OP
OP
HWhite98

HWhite98

Basic B*
It's not very in-depth. They even split the abdomen into 4 quadrants for you!

The physiology is very straight forward in basic. You'll learn more on the cellular level in paramedic school.
Ok, well thats good to here. I'm sure if I needed to, I would be able to get anatomy down but that can wait until I go for I or paramedic :)

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
For EMT, it's very basic and straight-forward. Ideally you should go through a college A&P course prior to paramedic school, though. That's where it starts to get more in depth and much more important.

OP
OP
HWhite98

HWhite98

Basic B*
For EMT, it's very basic and straight-forward. Ideally you should go through a college A&P course prior to paramedic school, though. That's where it starts to get more in depth and much more important.

Yeah, I plan on going to a college to get my paramedic and possibly EMS administration.

Trauma Queen

Forum Crew Member
Like others have said, anything A&P related that you'll need to know will be covered in class, with enough in the book for you to study and get it. No need to stress. As an EMT, your knowledge of anatomy and physiology is important, but don't worry if you know nothing walking in.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
EMT-level A&P is pretty elementary. High school biology is probably more advanced insofar as the respiration and cellular processes are concerned.
I've found buying a (used) prehospital focused A&P book to be very useful for expanding my knowledge.

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN
Ok, so I already knew I was going to need to learn about anatomy and physiology for my EMT-B class, which starts on the tenth. But so far, it seems kind of intimidating. Do you guys have any tips on how to get the anatomy and physiology down? Also what are the most important anatomy and physiology topics that I should know. I already know that cardiovascular and respiratory are obviously a must but what else?

I'm probably making it seem scarier then it actually is, but any tips on how to learn the information successfully is appreciated.
If your textbook and/or workbook has practice tests, do those after you study.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
You can buy an A&P coloring book. Most college book stores sell them. It's a quick way to learn the major structures. But really in EMT class, it's pretty much "the leg bone's connected to the knee bone".