Anatomy memorization

clibb

Forum Captain
I'll be taking Anatomy in a medical school I'll be attending in Europe. I talked to my anatomy teacher there and he told me to get Atlas of Human Anatomy 5th Edition by Frank H. Netter M.D. Anyone who has the chance, get this book. It's freaking awesome!

Veneficus

Forum Chief
I'll be taking Anatomy in a medical school I'll be attending in Europe. I talked to my anatomy teacher there and he told me to get Atlas of Human Anatomy 5th Edition by Frank H. Netter M.D. Anyone who has the chance, get this book. It's freaking awesome!

It is not bad.

If you want a really great atlas though, Rohen is the best I have seen.

Sabota is really good too, but not at all worth the price.

You may find "anatomy recall" very helpful too.

Most important is staying in the lab, as often and as much as you are permitted. Especially if you are setting your sights on "the golden scapula." (european wide competition in anatomy for you guys not from here)

spike91

Forum Lieutenant
Nothing like a little practical anatomy studying with a significant other :)

clibb

Forum Captain
It is not bad.

If you want a really great atlas though, Rohen is the best I have seen.

Sabota is really good too, but not at all worth the price.

You may find "anatomy recall" very helpful too.

Most important is staying in the lab, as often and as much as you are permitted. Especially if you are setting your sights on "the golden scapula." (european wide competition in anatomy for you guys not from here)

Yeah, I'm taking my anatomy VERY serious for my first two years over seas. While some students take the anatomy over 4-6 years, I'm doing it in 2. I'm going with the dean to all sorts of surgeries (He's a retired neurosurgeon) and trying to get as good as I can at anatomy. Doing a ton of work with Cadavers.
I'll check those books out Veneficus! Thank you!

MusicMedic

Forum Captain

EMS/LEO505

Forum Lieutenant
I prefer the Billy Madison way of studying haha except not with the bus driver...

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
MedicRob can you PM me those books as well?

Yes, I will send you the books. However, it is against forum rules for me to just share copyrighted textbooks, etc over the PM system, so send me a PM with your email address, and we will handle it off the site. FFemt8978 has a habit of giving me "warning points" at the first opportunity and keeping them on my account when the instances were clearly honest mistakes that were acknowledged as honest mistakes by the admin who gave the infraction, but no.. let's just leave the points there any ways), sorry I am in the mood to rant about things today, then again what else would you expect from a site that expects people to not keep asking the same questions over and over in threads, while they tell you that you are not allowed to "Bump" threads. I do enjoy the people here, however.. This is why I come around.

Anyways, Send me your email address and we will handle it off the site.

P.S. ffemt8978,

Go ahead and give me my infraction points for this post.. Well worth it, and it feels good.

Last edited by a moderator:

aewin90

Forum Crew Member
Yes, I will send you the books. However, it is against forum rules for me to just share copyrighted textbooks, etc over the PM system, so send me a PM with your email address, and we will handle it off the site. FFemt8978 has a habit of giving me "warning points" at the first opportunity and keeping them on my account when the instances were clearly honest mistakes that were acknowledged as honest mistakes by the admin who gave the infraction, but no.. let's just leave the points there any ways), sorry I am in the mood to rant about things today, then again what else would you expect from a site that expects people to not keep asking the same questions over and over in threads, while they tell you that you are not allowed to "Bump" threads. I do enjoy the people here, however.. This is why I come around.

Anyways, Send me your email address and we will handle it off the site.

P.S. ffemt8978,

Go ahead and give me my infraction points for this post.. Well worth it, and it feels good.

A challenge.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
A challenge.

Stop trying to be an instigator. There is no "challenge" or anything of the like in that post. I was simply stating facts about my infractions to give the other users an idea of the implications of sharing copyrighted material over the private messaging systems. I am not afraid to post that information publicly. If the admins have any problems with the infractions being publicly known, then maybe they shouldn't have given them in the first place. If you are going to do something, make sure you do not have any problems standing by that action if brought into the light (not implying that it was hid or anything).

aewin90:
You are the type of person who likes to incite and to instigate to see what unfolds. Stop being a poster boy for ignorance. I certainly hope you are not calling yourself an EMT. You have a long way to go, son. Grow up.

This is a forum of adults, not children. We have no need of playing the "challenge" game. If that's how you get your jollies, go somewhere else.

EMSSuccess

Forum Ride Along
Totally agree with MedicRob. Flashcards, flashcards and more flashcards. I used them for drugs more than anatomy. As a matter of fact, in paramedic school, it took my drug cards apart into sections and made a matching game!

aewin90

Forum Crew Member
Stop trying to be an instigator. There is no "challenge" or anything of the like in that post. I was simply stating facts about my infractions to give the other users an idea of the implications of sharing copyrighted material over the private messaging systems. I am not afraid to post that information publicly. If the admins have any problems with the infractions being publicly known, then maybe they shouldn't have given them in the first place. If you are going to do something, make sure you do not have any problems standing by that action if brought into the light (not implying that it was hid or anything).

aewin90:
You are the type of person who likes to incite and to instigate to see what unfolds. Stop being a poster boy for ignorance. I certainly hope you are not calling yourself an EMT. You have a long way to go, son. Grow up.

This is a forum of adults, not children. We have no need of playing the "challenge" game. If that's how you get your jollies, go somewhere else.
Well, that's what I get for trying to lighten the mood. I'll assume you're having a bad day and move on.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, that's what I get for trying to lighten the mood. I'll assume you're having a bad day and move on.

You assumed wrong. I would call out idiocracy like that any day of the week, regardless of mood.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Then you may call out my idiocy by PM. I apologize for upsetting you as it was certainly not my intention, but this thread is no place for such childish antics.

Anyway--

Awesome website for anatomy review here:

http://www.innerbody.com/htm/body.html

If you were being an idiot in PM, I would've. You chose to be an idiot in public, so I chose to call you out in public. I will do it again if you ever allow me the window. Welcome to the world of professional healthcare, kid. You say stupid things, and you are going to get called on them.

You are correct that this thread is no place for such childish antics, which leads me to ask why you went ahead with your post? When (Not If, and you will) say something stupid in the future, I will make it a point to send you a PM while I make the public retort as well. :)

Now back to the original topic:

While innerbody.com is ok, it doesn't really cover anywhere near the amount of content that an EMT, Paramedic, or a nurse needs. At the University where I teach nursing level Anatomy & Physiology I and II, we have subscriptions to ADAM online as well as installs on all the bio dept computers. As far as texts go, my A & P course used a lot of Tortora's textbooks, along with MARIEB's Human Anatomy & Physiology with disease guide and Porth's Essentials of Pathophysiology.

Seeing as you are a CNA, you might have never been exposed to nursing level anatomy. As such, here is the Amazon preview of the table of contents for the textbook we are using in the class I am teaching, "Principles of Anatomy & Physiology" from Tortora.

The TOC:
http://www.amazon.com/Principles-Anatomy-Physiology-Tortora/dp/0470084715#reader_0470084715

Creating flash cards or using some other study method and above all else, spending time in the lab outside of class is what determines how well you will do in these two courses. If it is software you are looking for, I recommend "Interactive Physiology" and an ADAM online subscription.

aewin90

Forum Crew Member
If you were being an idiot in PM, I would've. You chose to be an idiot in public, so I chose to call you out in public. I will do it again if you ever allow me the window. Welcome to the world of professional healthcare, kid. You say stupid things, and you are going to get called on them.
I attempted to lighten the mood with a two-word sentence. You take the internet far too seriously (big ego?).

You are correct that this thread is no place for such childish antics, which leads me to ask why you went ahead with your post? When (Not If, and you will) say something stupid in the future, I will make it a point to send you a PM while I make the public retort as well. :)
We obviously do not share a common reality. Derailing a BLS anatomy thread with a rant about an EMTLife mod is the childish occurrence here.

In order to prevent further thread hijacking someone needs to be the adult and end the discussion. I am putting you on my ignore list in hopes that the knowledge that I can no longer read what you type will stop adding fuel to your fire. If you feel that it is necessary to continue making a fool of yourself then you may proceed.