AMR Victorville

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Was this all perpetuated by them trying to take over transports? Also, what puppy mill keeps passing these goons?

I want to say that area hasn't had ALS engines too terribly long, and Apple Valley Fire hasn't had paramedics that long either.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Also, what puppy mill keeps passing these goons?

I think terrible one said it best, personally I don't think its any particular fire academy or medic school. I think they are just drinking some next level Kool-Aid and thinking they're the LAFD of San Bernardino county.

Where their sense of entitlement came from I don't know since they are a relatively new FD having only existed since 1998/1999.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I think terrible one said it best, personally I don't think its any particular fire academy or medic school. I think they are just drinking some next level Kool-Aid and thinking they're the LAFD of San Bernardino county.
Right, but typically when this is seen the EMS culture internally is non-existent. Case and point: LACoFD, these guys have zero drive to provide medical aids, sure. They also have no one that seemingly holds them accountable, or responsible for their actions.

If I had to guess, this would be the culture of this department as well. Again, not at all uncommon with large SoCal departments. Truly sad how much wool has been, and is endlessly, pulled over the general publics eyes.

Last edited:

CTMD

Forum Crew Member
I think they honestly just don't care. I'd say 60% are there for the paycheck, 30% because they like the department and like 10% probably want to help the public and be a pillar in the community. They don't always have this huge arrogant attitude like LA departments, they just genuinely couldn't care less about what they're doing. Most do not live in the city they serve and so they have no pride in their work or sense of community. It's way different with the city departments down the hill like Rancho or Chino Fire. Different issues but at least those departments actually make an effort to render adequate patient care

MunchkinMedic

Forum Crew Member
I worked for AMR Victorville for 4 years. A very long 4 years until I went out on disability . I had a great working relationship with SBCoFD. It took a month or two but once they realized they weren't going to be able to walk all over the new girl, we gained a mutual understanding & respect for each other so very rarely were the drag our *** getting out of the stations games or slacking on scene ******** pulled. Hell, I took a medic from 312s with me all the way down to Loma Linda and didn't get any **** for it. I've also worked in LA county & OC. I did my internship with LAFD. If I had a choice, I'd probably choose to work with SBCOFD again.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I worked for AMR Victorville for 4 years. A very long 4 years until I went out on disability . I had a great working relationship with SBCoFD. It took a month or two but once they realized they weren't going to be able to walk all over the new girl, we gained a mutual understanding & respect for each other so very rarely were the drag our *** getting out of the stations games or slacking on scene ******** pulled. Hell, I took a medic from 312s with me all the way down to Loma Linda and didn't get any **** for it. I've also worked in LA county & OC. I did my internship with LAFD. If I had a choice, I'd probably choose to work with SBCOFD again.
This is unfortunate, and makes me miss nothing about field work 2-3 hours south or east of me.

Also, there are much better choices than either of those areas.

MunchkinMedic

Forum Crew Member
This is unfortunate, and makes me miss nothing about field work 2-3 hours south or east of me.

Also, there are much better choices than either of those areas.

I moved out of state to AZ and have debated renewing my P Card and jumping through all the hoops to get my NREMT again so I can get my AZ card to work very part time but it's too much money & not really worth it in the long run. My ex works in Bakersfield & keeps pestering me to come work with him, but I'm kinda happy being a state away from him. It'd be legit to work there, but there's no way I could work anywhere near him, if what I hear is true & most rumors ive heard are

CTMD

Forum Crew Member
In all fairness there are some County medics I do like working with and would trust on a legit call over some AMR medics. We've had an AMR medic take a chest pain patient who was a STEMI 50 miles down the hill bypassing 4 STEMI centers only to later code enroute to a STEMI center once Kaiser did the first 12 lead. (Kaiser is not a STEMI center and no 12 lead was done in the field). The same medic would then brag about them forcing fire to do everything on legit calls when in reality they were just spinning on scene and didn't know what to do. So AMR is far from perfect and there are good and bad medics everywhere but I've just had more bad than good with County

Last edited:

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Wow. That is sad to hear. Here, Fire is mostly first responder only and actually likes to play

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Geeze. If I made it a day in California it would be a miracle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I had to clean some this thread up of late. Keep things civil.