AMR to Paramedics Plus in Alameda County

EmptyMyTrash

Forum Ride Along
Thanks. I would love to work in zone 4 someday. ^_^

Good luck to you. It's a fun county to work in. I'm having a blast as an EMT and excited to work as a medic here hopefully sometime next year. P+ is not without its growing pains but it hasn't even been 6 months yet. My experience has been a positive one with the company.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I think I heard a rumor about a week ago that they were gonna start hiring again. I've been checking regularly since before they even started operations in ALCO. I'm a bit bummed because I just checked and they are accepting applications for EMTs again, but I just got hired at this new company. I don't think it would be looked favorably if I quit the new company if I got hired at Paramedic Plus nor if I worked at both (although the new one I just got hired on is interfacility transport/not 9-1-1). I put in an application anyhow, but we'll see.

Thanks for the luck. o/

Hooptie

Forum Ride Along
It's a nightmare for all

Since Paramedic Plus came into Alameda County it's been a bunch of lies to the workers, to the county and hospitals and fire crews. It's a living nightmare or soap opera going to end soon. We in the field can see the end coming. When PP asks the board of supervisors for more money there is problem. They have asked for $16 million dollars. A loan maybe? A bailout? They also asked for base rate increases that may happen in June. The company has stated in writing that they have lost $9.5 million in operating costs. This doesnt included the fines. Asked for a change in compliance times to calls to reduce fines for late responses. The EMS agency is giving them exceptions every month for late calls. They came into the County saying we can do it Faster, Better and more Efficent. Well. Guess not. Some one in Tyler, TX did not do their homework for the county or just want to stick to AMR. Yes AMR has a lawsuit against them for @ $75 million that is scheduled for May / June trial. Maybe one day they will listen to the workforce and ask what works and doesnt. Will not hold my breath. It's a failure on PP part. Good Times here in Alco.

BeachMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Hootie send me a private message when you get enough posts. Want to see who you are. I Worked in Alco for 4 1/2 years right up until then changeover to the party posse.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
AMR has a very strong bid in for EMSA Oklahoma City. P+ is on thin ice here with a lot of employees.

I personally am not a fan. I would rather work for AMR than Paramedics Plus if i had to choose.

Hooptie

Forum Ride Along
I agree. Rather have AMR than these don't give a F about you. Careless. No compassion. Don't care about morale. It's all about $$. Good luck PP in court.

RocketMedic

I agree. Rather have AMR than these don't give a F about you. Careless. No compassion. Don't care about morale. It's all about $$. Good luck PP in court.

Well, AMR doesnt have the best track record with employee relations either...

AnthonyTheEmt

Forum Lieutenant
I think I heard a rumor about a week ago that they were gonna start hiring again. I've been checking regularly since before they even started operations in ALCO. I'm a bit bummed because I just checked and they are accepting applications for EMTs again, but I just got hired at this new company. I don't think it would be looked favorably if I quit the new company if I got hired at Paramedic Plus nor if I worked at both (although the new one I just got hired on is interfacility transport/not 9-1-1). I put in an application anyhow, but we'll see.

Thanks for the luck. o/

Just a bit of warning, Paramedics Plus is laying off all the Patients + there. This company lies about everything they say. I would strongly suggest looking anywhere else but here.

RocketMedic

Just a bit of warning, Paramedics Plus is laying off all the Patients + there. This company lies about everything they say. I would strongly suggest looking anywhere else but here.

I actually turned in my resignation today, no more Paramedics Plus for me!

I feel good.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I work there now. Were you part of the transition workforce from AMR?

Don't let him fool you. He worked for the parent company, not PP technically.

:p

RocketMedic

Don't let him fool you. He worked for the parent company, not PP technically.

:p
Sort of...I worked for P+ in their Oklahoma operation.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Im SO confused about the whole EMSA/PP deal. If you are in an EMSA ambulance, do you work for EMSA or PP? I should have my EMT-B shortly and am starting to look for jobs.
Same company, different name.

http://www.paramedicsplus.com/locations.php

East Texas Medical Center (ETMC) - Northeast Texas
  • Paramedics Plus/Patient Plus - Alameda County, California
  • Emergency Medical Services Authority (EMSA) - Tulsa & Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
  • Three Rivers Ambulance Authority (TRAA) - Fort Wayne, Indiana
  • Sunstar Paramedics - Pinellas County, Florida

I don't believe them, but somebody told me that Paramedic Plus isn't gonna be the 911 in Alameda County anymore. I couldn't find anything on the county's website, Paramedic Plus's website, or the news on it so I am assuming it's just rumor/talks. Does anybody know anything about this?

Last edited by a moderator:

AnthonyTheEmt

Forum Lieutenant
Same company, different name.

http://www.paramedicsplus.com/locations.php

East Texas Medical Center (ETMC) - Northeast Texas
  • Paramedics Plus/Patient Plus - Alameda County, California
  • Emergency Medical Services Authority (EMSA) - Tulsa & Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
  • Three Rivers Ambulance Authority (TRAA) - Fort Wayne, Indiana
  • Sunstar Paramedics - Pinellas County, Florida

I don't believe them, but somebody told me that Paramedic Plus isn't gonna be the 911 in Alameda County anymore. I couldn't find anything on the county's website, Paramedic Plus's website, or the news on it so I am assuming it's just rumor/talks. Does anybody know anything about this?

As of now that's just a rumor. But what's not a rumor is the employees have a strong dislike for them. About as trustworthy as an Oakland pimp, minus the good taste in clothing. Rumor is though that ETMC might pull out due to how much money has been lost since the transition. But again, that's just a rumor.

RocketMedic

There is word that emsa is going to lose that contract to amr

AMR did put in a strong bid, but the bid is going to be contested fiercely. I wouldn't mind AMR coming back in, but who knows?

I work out east of the city now, so meh.