Amr test

cspinebrah

Forum Crew Member
Hello ladies and gentlemen,
Im taking the American Medial Response (AMR) written test soon and was wondering what I should prepare for. Ive heard its like the NREMT but some more help would be great. Thanks!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That's pretty much it. It covers almost all topics from trauma to OB.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
From what I remember when I took it seemed to have a lot of OB questions and trauma on it. Also it was the more scenario what would you do questions.

CALEMT

+1 I took it about a month.

Yeah I took mine about 5 months ago. Not sure if they would have changed it during that time.

auxilio911

Forum Crew Member
Im taking the amr test also this week. I applied at the Hemet division and they finally got back to me. Is it just a test or do they interview you also??

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Im taking the amr test also this week. I applied at the Hemet division and they finally got back to me. Is it just a test or do they interview you also??

Normally it's just the test. If you pass the test you get put on a wait list. When a position opens up they will interview you (I'm not sure if Hemet does skills test).

BLS

Forum Ride Along

Amr south florida:
First comes the test, if you pass get the interview, after that comes a physical test, and the skill test (scenarios).

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief

I applied, tested, and interviewed at Hemet. I'm waiting for phone calls at this point.....so yes, there will be an interview with skills at the beginning, or at least there was for medic.

The process for me was application -> written test -> skills and oral interview -> ??? -> job

I'm betting on that missing spot leading to a part-time spot.

Last edited by a moderator:

auxilio911

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone know what the emt-b skills test consists of, for AMR hemet? I really want this position and im trying to prepare as best as I can.

I applied, tested, and interviewed at Hemet. I'm waiting for phone calls at this point.....so yes, there will be an interview with skills at the beginning, or at least there was for medic.

The process for me was application -> written test -> skills and oral interview -> ??? -> job

I'm betting on that missing spot leading to a part-time spot.

I did a portion of my clinicals at Hemet Valley Medical Center, all the crews I talked to said they loved working in Hemet. Good luck!

To the OP: From what I hear, the skills are patient assessment, airway, and c-spine.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
I did a portion of my clinicals at Hemet Valley Medical Center, all the crews I talked to said they loved working in Hemet. Good luck!

To the OP: From what I hear, the skills are patient assessment, airway, and c-spine.

Hemet is a busy place. Hemet AMR is busy as hell, but people like it because of the GM Jack. He makes the place, and it reflected in the supervisors. I used to work their as an EMT many moons ago so I'm banking on my being less of an unknown. I'm not counting on it, but I'm hoping. :)

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Does anyone know what the emt-b skills test consists of, for AMR hemet? I really want this position and im trying to prepare as best as I can.

It's probably what auxilio said, but I've not been through their basic test, and I cannot imagine it's too more than basic stuff similar to what you did in class.

Also something to consider: In my mind airway means (for basic)
OPA
NPA
BVM
Supraglottic airways
suction
Vent rates

Not saying you don't know this, but I'm just sharing thoughts.

auxilio911

Forum Crew Member
What's up guys? I took AMRs' multiple choice today and I passed. Im hoping the process continues. Does anyone know what the next step is?? Skills or interview??
Thanks

heresay

Forum Crew Member
I know I'm a little late on this thread but I took the test last week for AEMT and it was way easier than registry.

CALEMT

What's up guys? I took AMRs' multiple choice today and I passed. Im hoping the process continues. Does anyone know what the next step is?? Skills or interview??
Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe that skills and the interview are in the same day from what I've heard.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks

It's likely what I posted above. next will likely be the skills/oral interview; when they decide to do them. I know Hemet just had these interviews for EMT and medic alike, so more than likely you're on the list for the next go around.

auxilio911

Forum Crew Member
Thanks guys for the info, looks like I'll be hitting the books again for the assessments.
Hey Jambi, did you guys hire an emt at pechanga yet??

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe that skills and the interview are in the same day from what I've heard.

It all varies by location. Sometimes skills aren't even tested. Sometimes you will have 1 interview and other times you will have 2 interviews.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks guys for the info, looks like I'll be hitting the books again for the assessments.
Hey Jambi, did you guys hire an emt at pechanga yet??

We did not hire anyone yet. We had our written test yesterday. Those that passed will be called in for interviews and skills.