AMR sutter IFT position?

BayEMTmaybeP

Forum Crew Member
Can someone confirm sutter IFT is 12s with no OT after 8? I just read that in the thread and for being union that sounds a bit off. They just opened applications near me and would like to know before I apply. Thx

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Can someone confirm sutter IFT is 12s with no OT after 8? I just read that in the thread and for being union that sounds a bit off. They just opened applications near me and would like to know before I apply. Thx
Could try calling them and asking. I'm sure they would be more then willing to answer your question.

wtferick

Forum Captain
I currently work in a Union where no OT after 8 hours is given. Can't complain about the hourly pay though.

Specialized

Forum Crew Member

That is correct to my knowledge, however once you hit your 40 hrs/week, anything more is OT. As far as I remember... I work PT so that never happens.

NewMedic11b

Forum Probie
Does the IFT Division offer courses like ACLS, PALS, ITLS, etc to their employees? Or can you, as an AMR employee, attend any course offered regardless of which operation you belong to?

Specialized

Forum Crew Member
Does the IFT Division offer courses like ACLS, PALS, ITLS, etc to their employees? Or can you, as an AMR employee, attend any course offered regardless of which operation you belong to?

No our division does not offer those classes unfortunately. While it's mainly bls, you can come in and work as an rn for a cct unit or one of the air transport units. Honestly this division is best for new EMTs who want to get their foot in the door. For attending courses I think that falls down to your local AMR location.

NewMedic11b

Forum Probie
Good to know, thanks. Do you guys have a pretty high turnover rate/transfers, or do EMTs tend to stick with the IFT for a little while? Reason I ask is because I am debating if I should apply or not. Because if spending 6 or so months there and trying to transfer out would cause problems with staffing and piss off AMR, then I would rather just hold out for a 911 opening and apply for that instead.

Specialized

Forum Crew Member
Good to know, thanks. Do you guys have a pretty high turnover rate/transfers, or do EMTs tend to stick with the IFT for a little while? Reason I ask is because I am debating if I should apply or not. Because if spending 6 or so months there and trying to transfer out would cause problems with staffing and piss off AMR, then I would rather just hold out for a 911 opening and apply for that instead.

Initially when this division started up the turnover rate was high. It's relatively stable now. I can't speak for the whole division because I work out of Sonoma. I know Sac, Placer and SF may have openings you can transfer over to after 6 months. The honest answer, it's hard to transfer over. Some of the more experienced EMTs haven't transferred over because 911 operations aren't currently hiring. It's up to you if you wanna put in your 6 months here or not. I'm gonna stick it out here, complete school get my BA then try and transfer over to maybe SF 911. But who knows. Hope this helps.