AMR sutter IFT position?

EMT510707

Forum Probie
Napa JUST did a hiring last month. Did you have your app in?
I did but I didn't go to the interview, i have interviewed with them Two Times and I haven't gotten hired. Prlly after i start working with the IFT division it would be easier to transfer

EMT Loris

Forum Probie

Attachments

• 13221511_10209328915280788_8513396714365272777_n.jpg
    13221511_10209328915280788_8513396714365272777_n.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 566

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
What's the red ambulance behind it? Edit: Ah, y'know what... I think that's the new AMR CoCo "Aliance" 911 rigs. I thought they were mostly white with red stripes, but I did see a picture of one that was the opposite and heard that it was a mistake. Never seen the CoCo operation before, but that's where I suspect this picture was taken. I can see that the ambulance style (other than the paintjob) is the same as AMR San Mateo's new rigs and AMR Sumter County Florida's rigs. They both have the three lights at the front with the lightbar, which is the characteristic I notice most about them.

That CCT rig also almost looks like a type I ambulance rather than a type III. Looks different from a typical type III that I am used to seeing.

</talking about ambulances looks as if they were baseball cards>

Last edited:

EMT707

Forum Crew Member
The AMR Contra Costa rigs you see that are white are the old units re branded with the fire logo's. As they buy new units they will all be converted to red in color.

EMT707

Forum Crew Member
My only previous CCT experience is with a 911 company, and basically my job as an EMT didn't change much at all, assist with patient loading, transfer and drive, theres always been a CCT nurse or higher on my transports.

supreme

Forum Crew Member
The company I'm with has such a high turnover rate that the CCT nurses are bitter about working with new hires. There's no real orientation or explanation about what is required of us as an EMT on CCT. It's not an ideal situation for someone who's looking to jump from BLS IFT to CCT.

I'm hoping AMR does something better to prepare EMT's for CCT or at least provides a better CCT environment so the RN's are more willing to work with new hires.

I've heard they used to offer a CCT EMT class in San Mateo for EMT's looking to work CCT

EMT510707

Forum Probie
The company I'm with has such a high turnover rate that the CCT nurses are bitter about working with new hires. There's no real orientation or explanation about what is required of us as an EMT on CCT. It's not an ideal situation for someone who's looking to jump from BLS IFT to CCT.

I'm hoping AMR does something better to prepare EMT's for CCT or at least provides a better CCT environment so the RN's are more willing to work with new hires.

I've heard they used to offer a CCT EMT class in San Mateo for EMT's looking to work CCT
I am on a CCT Bid at the company i am now, we dont really do anything different or outside our "EMT Scope of Practice" we hook up the patients into the monitor, Prepare the Vents, transfer the Pts onto our gurney. Its better than running Dialysis calls all day

EMT Loris

Forum Probie
What's the red ambulance behind it? Edit: Ah, y'know what... I think that's the new AMR CoCo "Aliance" 911 rigs. I thought they were mostly white with red stripes, but I did see a picture of one that was the opposite and heard that it was a mistake. Never seen the CoCo operation before, but that's where I suspect this picture was taken. I can see that the ambulance style (other than the paintjob) is the same as AMR San Mateo's new rigs and AMR Sumter County Florida's rigs. They both have the three lights at the front with the lightbar, which is the characteristic I notice most about them.

That CCT rig also almost looks like a type I ambulance rather than a type III. Looks different from a typical type III that I am used to seeing.

</talking about ambulances looks as if they were baseball cards>
Yeah the CCT rig is definitely type 1. Also has some fancy adjustable air suspension.

As far as the Coco rigs, what EMT707 said ^

EMT707

Forum Crew Member

I don't think this will be an issue here as, basically they are building this division from the ground up. So the CCT Nurses are being hired on as we speak (with $1000 hiring bonuses I might add), that being said. I think what you describe may be company specific. I could see how a BLS/CCT only company may expect more from an EMT partner versus working a 911 bus and being pulled for CCT work, I honestly felt like I was just the muscle and the driver. Just my thought.

EMT510707

Forum Probie
I don't think this will be an issue here as, basically they are building this division from the ground up. So the CCT Nurses are being hired on as we speak (with $1000 hiring bonuses I might add), that being said. I think what you describe may be company specific. I could see how a BLS/CCT only company may expect more from an EMT partner versus working a 911 bus and being pulled for CCT work, I honestly felt like I was just the muscle and the driver. Just my thought.
It all depends on the Nurse some let us do more than others, with some nurses i flud the lines switch pumps, set up Vents, etc.. With others i just do a 4 lead Bp, Sp02 , and Print a strip. I am looking to get on a dedicated CCT wit AMR or Become an FTO. But well see on Monday what happens.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I used to work on a CCT ambulance as an EMT for about three years. I don't know why nurses expect so much out of EMTs. The nurse is being paid a ton to setup the ventilator, IV pumps, and stuff like that (oh, can't forget their clinical judgement too); Not the EMT. The EMT should focus on safe patient transport, which is the same on BLS and ALS too. It doesn't take long or require a classroom to learn how to assist them with things like attaching the patient to the monitor, doing a 12-lead, spike an IV bag, etc. Other than attaching the patient to the monitor, most of those things will be rarely done on CCT anyhow. I used to setup the IV pump and ventilator for the nurse by punching in the numbers I see on the hospital's ventilator or IV pump. I would attach the ventilator tubing. If we had new medication, I would spike it and attach it to the IV pump. The nurse still had to confirm that what I did was correct, attach it to the patient, and press start. In my opinion, this is very risky for the nurse. The EMT is unlikely to know the normal dose or values. They can easily make a mistake or misunderstand something (eg the ambulance IV pump is in mL/hr, but the hospital IV pump is in mg/hr). Things like that. Even though I did it, I think it is perfectly acceptable and safe for nurses to not have the EMT do that.

Last edited: