AMR Santa Barbara

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Anybody know much about them. I'll be testing with them soon and looking to find out the kinds of shifts they run, how they get along with fire, and other useful stuff about them like how the morale is and pay of course.

Thanks for any info in advance

mike1390

Forum Captain
mostly 12s some 24s you get a new shift every 6mo so you could be anywhere is SB county... which is huge (hope you like to drive). pay is around 12-13 an hr i think, good relationship with fire its first in ALS you work with a PM partner. they also do alot of LD transports down to LA or up to stanford. Working as an EMT you basically just drive your PM partner. good company though. they have some really hott chick medic though.:p

Katy

Forum Lieutenant
Working as an EMT you basically just drive your PM partner.
That doesn't seem like they are fully utilizing the EMT role then.

mike1390

Forum Captain
im sure on scene you may get some experience but pt care doesn't stop when you load the pt into the back. I just think you can get more experience working in LA where you can be in the back with a medic. just my 2 cents

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Anybody know much about them. I'll be testing with them soon and looking to find out the kinds of shifts they run, how they get along with fire, and other useful stuff about them like how the morale is and pay of course.

Thanks for any info in advance

I saw them on a call one time and one time only, they Drive the Van Module Ambulances and Wear Jumpsuits(however they might have only been wearing those cause it was nighttime)

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
They're are a few medics that I know that are really great guys... There are some that are your typical California Egotistical Para-Gods too. Just depends and who you work with and if you're going to run on a medic/medic crew.

terrible one

Always wandering
Adding some things-

pay for medics is pretty decent $18/hr (or close to it) for a 12hr car
they are going away from the Euro vans
relathionship with SB city (bls) is good, Santa Maria (bls) is good, however, I've heard nightmares with SB county. Depends who is on but they can be very egotistical.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Adding some things-

pay for medics is pretty decent $18/hr (or close to it) for a 12hr car
they are going away from the Euro vans
relathionship with SB city (bls) is good, Santa Maria (bls) is good, however, I've heard nightmares with SB county. Depends who is on but they can be very egotistical.

Hey, the Sprinters aren't that bad, :) just a little top heavy which makes them sway around corners :wacko: ... aside from that I'll take the extra standing room and space (though it isn't the same as a type 3)

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
I saw them on a call one time and one time only, they Drive the Van Module Ambulances and Wear Jumpsuits(however they might have only been wearing those cause it was nighttime)

jumpsuits are optional, vans only.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief