AMR San Diego 911

HH1251

Forum Crew Member
Anyone work for AMR 911 San Deigo as a medic? Looking on some information. Possibly thinking of moving there sometime in the next year. How are the shifts, pay ect.......?

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
They have 2 divisions, City(Old R/M) and County, which covers Chulajuana, Nat City, and the East County(Heartland Fire), also CSA 17 which is Del Mar, Solana, Encinitas, newbs at County used to always start in Chula. City newbs at M1(downtown), or M11(busiest box in the City). Their pay is absolute trash. I believe City is on 12's mostly deployed out of SD Fire Stations, County deployment, is 15 and Balboa. I grew up in SD and am currently a FF/PM in the east desert, when I became a medic 10 years ago, AMR offered me 10.00/hr, I went north to Kern for 50% more pay, came back to AMR in RivCo. Honestly, if you're set on SD, look at the single function FD programs, Escondido is constantly hiring, and North County Fire just started up a non-safety paramedic program. Also Mercy Ambulance in the rural areas is not half bad from the guys I've talked to.

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
I didnt know you could call Out-of-Service if you were "too tired". That's actually a thing? and for 2 hours??

its a thing. heard of variations of it at other divisions in socal. dunno if its a union contract thing?

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
They basically life at work for $14 an hour