AMR Riverside Physical/Agility

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Sounds like you're in good shape. Don't smoke right before you go in, don't drink a monster/red bull/mocha before you go in. If possible avoid hitting an inhaler before you go in, those are all things that will mess you up on the warm up (heart rate will take too long to recover, or your BP will be too high).

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
It's weights, and a short cardio warm up. No biggie

OP
OP
K

kecpercussion

Forum Lieutenant
Well i don't smoke or drink or take an inhaler so thats good haha

Have you ever heard of someone failing it?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Threads merged. Please do not create multiple threads on the same subject.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Threads merged. Please do not create multiple threads on the same subject.

Thank god, I was just about to suggest that... it was getting confusing for my little EMT brain... :p

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Have you seen a lot of AMR Riverside employees? Trust me, it's not hard. if you are in even marginal physical condition you'll be fine. I'm not in great condition and I had no problems whatsoever. Worry more about your FTO time, and less about the pre-hire BS.

Hal9000

Forum Captain
This is exactly the AMR lift agility I did after popping a jointout of socket warning up even! 3 minutes of stairs before the weights was in there too. Man o man it was painful but, this 5'3, 40 something senior managed to do fine. Think I still have the brusies :)

So the worst part about the AMR agility test is the possibility of being injured/sick before you really even do it. :p

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
How do the girls do it. Wow! That's not that easy. I feel for the women and small guys.

hey now, just because we are girls doesn't make us not capable of easily taking the lift test. i happen to be an amazon and thought the test was easy. :p

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
So the worst part about the AMR agility test is the possibility of being injured/sick before you really even do it. :p

:rolleyes:The joint was a fluke but the bruises....those were real! There was no cot to hold properly and lift. What we got was a weighted crate ya had to hold out in front of you and carry up and down steps forward and backward 5 times. Supposedly this demonstrated the "proper" way one would handle a cot..ghads! I've never once held a cot like a milk crate...has anyone else?

The varied weight/height part was easy but, I thought the crate up and down steps was harder only because of the way it had to be held. I lift 3 days a week and trust me..that is not how to safely lift and carry something that weighed almost as much as me.