AMR Riverside Contract Update

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Just an update on our fight against AMR.
IMG_20190430_153122_404.jpg

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Were you guys really having management attempting to search your vehicles?

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
I was reading that earlier today. Glad for you guys. Since I left many years ago you guys were struggling for a decent contract.

OP
OP
BASICallyEMT

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Were you guys really having management attempting to search your vehicles?
Yup. They wanted to search vehicles that were on AMR property. AMR is crazy.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Yup. They wanted to search vehicles that were on AMR property. AMR is crazy.
That is only an issue at your division. Never had that happen or heard of that occurring ever at Palm Springs or Hemet.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
That is only an issue at your division. Never had that happen or heard of that occurring ever at Palm Springs or Hemet.
This is so true. We never had **** like this in Hemet. Riverside division has always sucked. Im glad that you guys finally won something after being f'd in the A for so many years. Our division always used that a reason why we didn't need a union.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
This is so true. We never had **** like this in Hemet. Riverside division has always sucked. Im glad that you guys finally won something after being f'd in the A for so many years. Our division always used that a reason why we didn't need a union.
Same for us. We would look and see how crappy it was in Riverside with the fact they have had a union since the 1990.

Good for the Riverside guys on slowly making things better there. I wonder what changes the other divisions are going to see because of the new contract (pay rates, benefits, etc).

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Seems the Company had a reason to search vehicles, if it was only at one division. Perhaps drug thefts?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
That's a press release from the union.... says they won a lot, what did they have to give up to get it? What is the new article on attendance? That 30 minute second out might work, until a supervisor says they are closest unit and a further unit wouldn't meet response times. In fact, an on the ball dispatch supervisor would tell dispatch to do a further unit, to prevent OT for the off going crew. For that last 15 minutes, I would hate to see the news media when grandma who lives down from the block from the station dies, because she went into cardiac arrest 14 minutes before shift change, so a further ambulance was sent.....

dispatch should have already been sending units back to their home base when levels permit. no reason to keep them far from their home base, other than poor dispatching and poor system management.

can't believe you had to "win" the right to file a grievance by email, vs certified mail or hand delivery, especially when you work out of multiple stations.

what does "won work station language giving union a voice in system status?" Does that mean the union officers can tell a supervisor when they are at low numbers? or that they can't send a unit to cover a coverage hole?

"won language on CISM, allowing PTO after a critical incident." Does this time come out of the employee's PTO bank? or is it a seperate CISM bank, and treated like an on the job injury, so if you need a few days to recover from an injury, it is covered by your workman's comp and not your vacation or sick time?

I'm curious what the camera regulations are in the ambulance or in the station. if you aren't doing anything wrong, why is this a problem? and according to most PD officer, they don't want cameras, but cameras often prove them innocent when they are falsely accused of doing something.

what was the improved language on part time employment?

your employer wanted to search employee vehicles? I would have said not without a search warrant signed by a judge. Geez, apparently it was a lot worse than I expected, but that's why you need a contract.

I hope the union members actually read the agreement, because all too often what the union press release says and what the contract actually said might be far apart. But it looks like the new contract should improve things for the members; my only concern would be (if I was a union member) what did they give up to get all these wins?