Amr pre-employment test

SavingLives

Forum Ride Along
I am new to the medical field and every step is a learning process. I tried finding specific answers to AMRs testing but wasn't successful. So for anyone that might be in the same position as I was, I'd like to share my experience with the AMR testing. Please remember that everyone's situation is different though.

I received an email that I had to RSVP to by a certain time to be signed up for the pre employment test. Day of the test, always arrive early! There were 21 other testers there. We waited in a small room until they began checking us in. Once in the testing room, they went over all the rules and a brief explanation of only continue with the hiring process if you are willing to dedicate the time.

The test was 80 EMTB questions and 40 T/F personal questions. I would recommend studying everything! Know all your information for every age(vitals, med. dose, how well they compensate....)
Some of the specific things I was questioned on were:
- COPD
- RR per age
- Types of shocks
- Stoma
- Haz-Mat situation
- Febrile Seizure
- Diabetes
- Burns
- Croup, wheezing, stridor
- Apgar score

These were just what I remembered but like a said you need to know everything. This field is something you need to constantly study and work at. Do not let your skills slip. Keep on them even if you're not using them.

You must get above an 80% to pass. They will start with the top scoring candidates and work their way down until they have fill all their interview slots. In addition, you can only test with AMR every 6 months so make your score count! Study, study and study more. If you do not make it to the interviews, try re-testing your next opportunity to raise your score and your chance of getting a call back!

Best of luck! I hope this helps!

Abrahmm19

Forum Ride Along
This helps a lot man! I have the testing next week.. I have a few questions to ask you..Is the test structured like the nremt test?

What did you wear?

And how long we're you there for ?
Thanks !

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
This helps a lot man! I have the testing next week.. I have a few questions to ask you..Is the test structured like the nremt test?

What did you wear?

And how long we're you there for ?
Thanks !

Those tests are really not that crazy and you will have to write a brief narrative. I guess so they can evaluate you r communication skill. As far as clothes? I went pretty much in my uniform that I use when volunteering.

OP
OP
SavingLives

SavingLives

Forum Ride Along
The test was structured like NREMT. Questions with multiple choice. Some scenario and some that test your knowledge.

I wore a dress suit and showed up as if I were to interview. A lot of things I read online said to be prepared so that's exactly what I did.
Only a few of us were dressed up. Some had normal street clothes and others showed up in their volunteer uniform.

We were to set aside a few hours to ensure we had enough time to take the test. You are only there for the duration you need though.

I would say know your stuff and present yourself professionally. Just like any job. Make sure to do research about the company as well. Figure out why you want to work for them. If you do all this, you will do great.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I was not aware that the exam scores were competitive. That was a large mistake, had I known that an 80 or above did not necessarily get me an interview, I would have studied the crap out of my book. I hadn't taken an EMT test and close to three years, and that really affected me. I take time to ensure that I am up to date with current and evidence based medical practices, unfortunately the test does not.

No excuses though, I should have been better prepared.