AMR Las Vegas written test

Vegasmedic

Forum Crew Member
Hello all!

So I know there is many post about vegas already but none specific to the written test.

So I'm set to test with AMR/Medic west on Jan 6. and wanted to see what I should study specific to their test. 12 lead, rythems, A&P ect. I plan to study what I did for the national but I was hoping some one had already taken this test and had some insite. Feel free to PM if you'd rather.

Thanks all

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
*edit i just saw you're an emt-b. sorry i took the medic test. i'm not sure what you'll get, but if you pass that you move onto skills test. skills relative to you skill level. mega code, airway, medical scenario, trauma scenario, panel interview.

Angel

Paramedic
ugh....prob the same as all the AMR tests which i cant seem to pass no matter how much i study...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Spelling.

Sorry I couldn't resist. As an EMT why would they test you on 12-leads and rhythms? Most pre-employment written exams are similar to your class final.

OP
OP
V

Vegasmedic

Forum Crew Member
I should have mentioned I'm testing for medic. I just updated my profile so I'm looking for info on the medic test, thanks!

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
I should have mentioned I'm testing for medic. I just updated my profile so I'm looking for info on the medic test, thanks!

brady book style medic test question. heavy on the patho. pediatrics, dopamine drip, pharm and some EKG strip and a 12 lead. any subject i left out you'll see. its a little of everything thats just what i remembered off the top of my head. 100 question i believe. need a 75 to move onto skills stated above.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
brady book style medic test question. heavy on the patho. pediatrics, dopamine drip, pharm and some EKG strip and a 12 lead. any subject i left out you'll see. its a little of everything thats just what i remembered off the top of my head. 100 question i believe. need a 75 to move onto skills stated above.
Who are you

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Yes, basics do events/IFT until they are intermediates, and more often then not they stay in events as intermediates for some time before going to streets. That isn't to say it is always like that with intermediates, but as stated- more often than not.

Even paramedics from other states work as street intermediates for sometime before being able to work as medics- again, not always, but a majority of them.

We have events/ILS(IFT) and streets/Ops.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Both. Usually for about 3-6 months.