AMR job, Any TIPS?

Meth0dz19

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone I applied for AMR in several counties in CA: San Mateo, Monterrey, and San Benito. I understand that the application is done all online, so I am not sure if this is a random computer based system that chooses the applicants for interviews. Anyways I was wondering if maybe any AMR Medics or EMTs know what could help me improve my chances of getting hired. Thanks!

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Also go in to the individual main bases for each System and talk with the ops manager and fill out a app in person / leave a resume. So when they review online apps your name and face will be familiar.

It's an interesting time for all of these divisions right now due to negotiations

Last edited by a moderator:

ms93

Forum Probie
Also go in to the individual main bases for each System and talk with the ops manager and fill out a app in person / leave a resume. So when they review online apps your name and face will be familiar.

It's an interesting time for all of these divisions right now due to negotiations

Good idea to call ahead and make an appointment? Do I have a pretty good chance of running into the ops manager at the base during "normal" business hours (9-5)?

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Appointment no, and yes ops manager is generally in house though is typically busy. Somebody around the base can typically lead you to the person you want to speak to as an alternative.

TriednTrue

Forum Crew Member

I think this is going to have a lot to do with your application and any hirings.

I hate to be a negative nancy, but if you haven't already, talk to people in these counties to try and paint a picture for yourself. It's a weird and rough time for AMR right now.

But if you want to apply and improve your chances, call and find out who handles applications. Once you find out, ask about your application status and when/if they're doing any testing. Chances are you aren't going to talk to the ops manager. I've only seen mine twice.

Last edited by a moderator: