AMR Irwindale interview

carluche87

Forum Ride Along
ya Addrobo87. i wouldnt give information to someone if your not 100% sure on what your talking about. AMR runs most of san gabriel. schaefer runs irwindale/azusa/parts of covina and all smaller cities north of san gabriel from what i know. and everything else from temple city to diamond bar is AMR. and like gurney jockey said earlier. we run about 80% 911, if not more. im at station 502 in baldwin park irwindale division. we run about 12. 911 calls/1 ift call a day. we are one the busiest stations. i have had days were we run 15 calls and not one ift. most of amr here is 24 hour shifts. and good luck to Danno. if you get hired. youll be sent over to 502 in BP. no one likes that station and most likely where you will go. good luck to you

Last edited by a moderator:

Gurney Jockey

Forum Probie
I honestly have no idea. I haven't talked to the crews about how they like it there. I'm pretty sure it's the smallest square footage wise of all the stations, but every crew member gets their own room. And like carluche said, they can get pretty busy. I think it might be tied between our Baldwin Park station and our South El Monte station for busiest, but don't quote me on it.
Danno, did they say when they would call you back to let you know if you got it?

OP
OP
D

Danno

Forum Lieutenant
24-48 hours, so i SHOULD know by tomorrow. The post interview wait is so brutal :wacko:

Gurney Jockey

Forum Probie
Well that was a long 24-48 hrs haha. I'm glad you got it. You'll have a great time here. Are you going to be out of Irwindale or Santa Clarita?

OP
OP
D

Danno

Forum Lieutenant
Well that was a long 24-48 hrs haha. I'm glad you got it. You'll have a great time here. Are you going to be out of Irwindale or Santa Clarita?

Haha, believe me, i know. Every hour that passed was like pulling teeth.

I will be out of the Irwindale station as far as i know. What station are you out of?

Joe

Forum Captain
Also run 911 in san fernando valley and santa clarita

Gurney Jockey

Forum Probie
So I took it you went denture shopping too? Hahaha. I'm out of Irwindale as well. Literally. It's my station. I'm on one of the spectacular RA's

Don't worry Joe, I can't forget about you desert guys up there :p
Noho got shut down though. Where in San Fernando do we do 911? It's all city.

OP
OP
D

Danno

Forum Lieutenant
So I took it you went denture shopping too? Hahaha. I'm out of Irwindale as well. Literally. It's my station. I'm on one of the spectacular RA's

Sweet! Look forward to meetin ya!

And yeah, I live in San Fernando and it is indeed all city. The only private company i see around here is McCormick.

Joe

Forum Captain
Honestly im not sure where. I see the sfv ot pages every couple of days Haha. Too far to drive for me to care ha! U out of the Purina station?

MeowMeow911

Forum Ride Along

We do mutual aid with city in kagel canyon, la crescenta, and chatsworth

Gurney Jockey

Forum Probie
Thanks MeowMeow and Joe! I had no idea what goes on outside of my little bubble other than the fact that you guys exist, and that deserts scare me haha.
But yes, I'm out of the Purina station. I mean who doesn't enjoy the smell of cat food on a daily basis? Anyone? :p

I'm looking forward to meeting you as well Danno. My partner is an FTO, so maybe you'll get stuck with us, and we can show you the "joy" of working with county hahaha.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
AMR New Mexico and Texas are both hiring.

MeowMeow911

Forum Ride Along
Thanks MeowMeow and Joe! I had no idea what goes on outside of my little bubble other than the fact that you guys exist, and that deserts scare me haha.
But yes, I'm out of the Purina station. I mean who doesn't enjoy the smell of cat food on a daily basis? Anyone? :p

I'm looking forward to meeting you as well Danno. My partner is an FTO, so maybe you'll get stuck with us, and we can show you the "joy" of working with county hahaha.

I never dispatch SGV, im going on a ride along shortly so I can get to know the area better...this is Lauren by the way..

SGV EMT

Forum Probie
So I just threw in my app after reading all the great info in this thread but I had a few questions. When starting out after field training, what kind of schedule do newbies get? I'm assuming 12's? And also, how long does it take to get on a 24 hr shift?

MeowMeow911

Forum Ride Along
So I just threw in my app after reading all the great info in this thread but I had a few questions. When starting out after field training, what kind of schedule do newbies get? I'm assuming 12's? And also, how long does it take to get on a 24 hr shift?

You will most likely get a 24hr shift as soon as youre done training. Pay varies..i think its around 10

Gurney Jockey

Forum Probie
Glad we could influenced you SGV!
When you do your training with your fto, you're on their schedule. So if they're on A shift, you only go in on A shift days. But you don't stay with them the whole 24. I think they have the training from 0700-1900. It's like you're a paid ride along :p
Now starting pay...that's a good one. I started at $10 hr when we were all on 12s. In two years I was at $14.50 hr. But now that we went to 24s I'm getting around 9.50 hr. So starting pay may be a bit less. But fortunately we get paid the whole 24 (can't remember if I said that already or not haha). I'll find out starting pay and keep you updated.
Derp! I misread your question. Brand new employees probably don't have enough seniority for a 24, and you may get put on a 12. But chances are you'll get one since nearly everyone is on one. Simply because there's so many of them haha.

Last edited by a moderator: