AMR interview

aaron911

Forum Ride Along
Hey everybody I have my first interview for a EMT position at AMR on march 1st. I am fresh out of school with no experience, however I come from a well respected EMT academy in my area. I am pretty nervous because I really want this job. Can anybody with experience give me a few pointers or even tell me what to expect?

I showed up at my local divisions office the other day with an application and resume, they took copies of all of my cards and sat me down for the written test, I took it and the gal graded it on the spot. She then informed me that I passed and she would send my file to HR. I Left and then about an hour later they called and scheduled me the interview. Hoping that's a good start!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Yeah that's a real good start. I passed the test and they turned my info into HR the beginning of janurary and still haven't recieved a phone call. I've called them and all they say is "please be patient. The process could take several weeks to several months". Use the search option and search for interview. A mod named Chimpy (I believe that's the right mod) made a post of what to expect. Good luck

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Hey everybody I have my first interview for a EMT position at AMR on march 1st. I am fresh out of school with no experience, however I come from a well respected EMT academy in my area. I am pretty nervous because I really want this job. Can anybody with experience give me a few pointers or even tell me what to expect?

I showed up at my local divisions office the other day with an application and resume, they took copies of all of my cards and sat me down for the written test, I took it and the gal graded it on the spot. She then informed me that I passed and she would send my file to HR. I Left and then about an hour later they called and scheduled me the interview. Hoping that's a good start!

What division did you apply for? RivCo AMR is pretty full but my division has hired quite a few PT EMT's.

terrible one

Always wandering
What division did you apply for? RivCo AMR is pretty full but my division has hired quite a few PT EMT's.

Any idea when they'll be testing for PT medics in either RivCo or San Berdo?

terrible one

Always wandering
I've already tested and interviewed back in November, but I couldn't do part time because I needed the money for school so I stayed at my current job. I'll probably re-apply in the summer when I'm ready for part time.

huskyguy

Forum Ride Along
Based on my little experience, hand in your application and resume in a suit and you could take the test!

HAHAHA funny thing. when I applied 2 years ago I showed up to turn in my app on a harley in dress slacks, dress shirt n tie and COWBOY BOOTS!! and did the same for my interview... just thought I'd share.B)