AMR Hiring(Socal)

JohnTheEMT

Forum Crew Member
Look, if you really want to come to LA county. Your best bet at making a decent amout of money will be going with a IFT company. I hear liberty pays their medics 21 an hour . If you want to transfer out here to santa clarita or any division of amr the pay wont be so great but thats why we have overtime since their is a shortage of medics here.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Well I guess now if 911 isn't a option other than Santa Clarita what about who pays the most. I have experience and just need a decent income before finding better employment.
Before AMR bought and shut down Bowers they were the highest paid and largest private als provider. I wouldn't go to anything in LA. Amr ventura county is hiring and pays decent. Most amr is paying is $14 to $16 an hour. Definitely look into Hall ambulance they pay based on experience are well known and not corporate.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Well I guess now if 911 isn't a option other than Santa Clarita what about who pays the most. I have experience and just need a decent income before finding better employment.

If you want to be a real medic and get to use all the fun skills then stay out of LACo. Go to a county that doesn't use the "mother may I" system like Riverside Co. San Bernardino Co. and Kern Co. are just a couple examples.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Looking to transfer to LA. Would like 911 as a Paramedic. Currently with AMR in the state. I don't mind transfer or changing. Who runs 911 close to Burbank? Should I go to San Gabriel or Santa Clarita? Who pays more? Please help.
HR sucks and I can't get ahold of anyone for AMR.
https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sierramadre

You could always try your luck with these guys, though I don't know much about their program, or set up (perhaps someone on here does, and can elaborate furtber).

As you can see, the pay may also be an issue for you, best of luck.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sierramadre

You could always try your luck with these guys, though I don't know much about their program, or set up (perhaps someone on here does, and can elaborate furtber).

As you can see, the pay may also be an issue for you, best of luck.
Volunteer Department. Pay is extremely low. 1 to 2, 24 hour shifts a week. Great department and great group of guys. Extremely low call volume. Large wealthy geriatric community.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Volunteer Department. Pay is extremely low. 1 to 2, 24 hour shifts a week. Great department and great group of guys. Extremely low call volume. Large wealthy geriatric community.

Boom, there it is. She'd mentioned "close to Burbank", so I figured slide down from the valley, and take the 210, easy peasy lemon squeezy!

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Boom, there it is. She'd mentioned "close to Burbank", so I figured slide down from the valley, and take the 210, easy peasy lemon squeezy!
Yea but medics don't last long there.
I've worked with only one guy in the past that really seemed to enjoy it.