AMR Hemet Test

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Does this allow me to apply to companies out of the county that I currently have a card in? (rivco)

Yes, your county card will allow to apply although some counties might make you take an extended scope class prior to working.

yanikemt

Forum Crew Member
Just took my test today in Hemet and after a few nervous days passed. You were right only a few I didn't really ever see before (material wise)

OP
OP
E

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Just took my test today in Hemet and after a few nervous days passed. You were right only a few I didn't really ever see before (material wise)

The only one I don't think i really knew was epigolotitis. I was able to just break it apart and eliminate the other answers for the right one though... Did they tell you how you did yet? I haven't heard yet. I'm waiting until friay to call...

OP
OP
E

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I remember two of those. Yeah she graded it right away and told me I passed

That's prolly why, she wasnt there the day I took it.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That's prolly why, she wasnt there the day I took it.

Who ever handed you the test should have graded it right away and told you if you passed or not. Then they will tell you that they are going to send the application to AMR main in Rancho.

OP
OP
E

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Who ever handed you the test should have graded it right away and told you if you passed or not. Then they will tell you that they are going to send the application to AMR main in Rancho.

The person that grades it normally wasn't there the day I took it, so the person gave me the test, and said they'd grade it on monday then send it up.

smelleecat

Forum Crew Member
Amr

As far as I know, AMR is hiring people right now. You know, sometimes, theres nothing, then all of a sudden they hire people. Its just how it works. My friend just got hired on with North Riverside and my boyfriend works (extremely) part time (since hes a staff sergeant in the marine corps) at the Hemet Division, which is where I did my ride along. Lots of old people wanting to talk to someone and druggies pretty much, but the team, last I knew, was awesome. I live out here in San Diego so of course I'm joining the thousands of hopefuls out here. Just put in an app with AMR here and need to take the test. My friend said it was basically all skills for the most part.

yanikemt

Forum Crew Member
Thats great news! I just applied about 2-3 weeks ago. My neighbor is a Hemet Firefighter and was going to talk to one of the supervisors in hemet.
Im debating on calling/emailing either HR at Hemet or Riverside. But I have always hated bothering them because I know there busy. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
AMR hires in waves of people. and normally they wont advertise any job openings. they have been doing a ton of hiring recently. call and make yourself know. put a voice with a name or even put a face with a name.