AMR Hemet Test

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Just stopped by AMR in Hemet and picked up an app. I came by too late to do the test today, so I'm going back on friday to do it. Anything special on the test I should go over or memorize beforehand?

Hopefully they like the fact that I have 2 years experience as an EMT and dispatcher, with a year of it on a CCT rig... Who knows. I just want an EMT job here in riverside. I hate commuting down to SD to work =(

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The test is from 2007. There is basically a question about everything you have learned from triage to pregnancy.

OP
OP
E

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Do you know if I need the RiCo EMS card too? I have my new state one AND San Diego one I just got today..

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Just your state. All the counties in California are moving to just the state card

OP
OP
E

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Just your state. All the counties in California are moving to just the state card

That's what I thought... Hopefully AMR is okay with it though.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That's what I thought... Hopefully AMR is okay with it though.

yeah they are fine with the state card. i turned in my application 3 months ago.

OP
OP
E

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
yeah they are fine with the state card. i turned in my application 3 months ago.

Did you ever get that job you interviewed for?

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Just stopped by AMR in Hemet and picked up an app. I came by too late to do the test today, so I'm going back on friday to do it. Anything special on the test I should go over or memorize beforehand?

Hopefully they like the fact that I have 2 years experience as an EMT and dispatcher, with a year of it on a CCT rig... Who knows. I just want an EMT job here in riverside. I hate commuting down to SD to work =(

Good luck man, We just had some EMT spots open up but I think they just hired 4 PT'ers. Hemet AMR is an awesome division. Hope to see you out here.

Edit: My partner just bid to weekdays, so I need an EMT!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Did you ever get that job you interviewed for?

yeah. i got hired at AMR and also got hired at an event medical job. (had to call AMR HR to make sure it was alright if i got the event medical job lol)

OP
OP
E

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Good luck man, We just had some EMT spots open up but I think they just hired 4 PT'ers. Hemet AMR is an awesome division. Hope to see you out here.

Edit: My partner just bid to weekdays, so I need an EMT!

I got 2 years CCT experience, and one of our nurses used to work as a Medic for AMR Hemet a few years ago and she told me that she was told in a few weeks some EMT's would be hired. She's still good friends, with I think the person, who is the manager. So hopefully it all works out!

Last edited by a moderator:

admemt1982

Forum Probie

im gonna go off topic here. fire ive been hearing that ca is dropping the county card system. however i havent been able to find any central state website that can give me info on reciprocity. is ca going to become a nr state or something fubar like fl. and before anyone from fl jumps on me, va is pretty fubar too. thats why im gettin up outa here as soon as i get my medic.

yanikemt

Forum Crew Member
Good Luck man Im going to stop by there next week to drop off my app!
Do you think the Temporary DMV Ambo Cert is acceptable?

yanikemt

Forum Crew Member
I got out of EMT school in January and still feel nervous about taking that AMR test feels like forever ago.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
im gonna go off topic here. fire ive been hearing that ca is dropping the county card system. however i havent been able to find any central state website that can give me info on reciprocity. is ca going to become a nr state or something fubar like fl. and before anyone from fl jumps on me, va is pretty fubar too. thats why im gettin up outa here as soon as i get my medic.

When I got my card it was just the state card so I called REMS (Riverside county EMS) and they confirmed that California dropped the county cards. And yes California is a NR state. For my EMT cert I just had to show proof I passed the NR test and then bring a couple more documents (and about $100).

Here is the website with the phone number if you wish to find out anymore info:
http://www.rivcoems.org/home/index.html
The number is at the bottom lefthand corner under "contact us". I havent had time to look for the exact place where it says that (if it's even on the website).

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Good Luck man Im going to stop by there next week to drop off my app!
Do you think the Temporary DMV Ambo Cert is acceptable?

Yes your Temporary Ambo Cert is fine. The real cert will take about 4 months to get back to you (that's how long it took mine to arrive).

OP
OP
E

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
The pink ambo cert is good for 180 days after the date of issue.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The pink ambo cert is good for 180 days after the date of issue.

yep. they make you wait most of those days too. the one you get in the mail looks the exact same. its just white and not pink.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I started studying my book last night going to over the weekend. Still kinda nervous

Just try to stay calm for the test. most of the questions i knew for not studying. i didnt know about 3 or 4 of them.

Juarez

Forum Crew Member
When I got my card it was just the state card so I called REMS (Riverside county EMS) and they confirmed that California dropped the county cards. And yes California is a NR state. For my EMT cert I just had to show proof I passed the NR test and then bring a couple more documents (and about $100).

Here is the website with the phone number if you wish to find out anymore info:

The number is at the bottom lefthand corner under "contact us". I havent had time to look for the exact place where it says that (if it's even on the website).

Does this allow me to apply to companies out of the county that I currently have a card in? (rivco)