AMR Background Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

kecpercussion

Forum Lieutenant
I have nothing bad in my record at all, but i am curious, how extensive is AMR's background check? What do they look for?

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
dwi's, felony's, drug related stuff and they do check your credit.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
the background check is cursory at best. basically, unless you are a felon, you're fine, Nothing like a PD or FD check.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
But at the same time, I've heard plenty of horror stories from management about other regions not doing it to well....

BTW, why don't you just put all AMR questions in one thread?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Ever put your SS# on an application, skip the fine print at the bottom, and sign where it says "You pledge that all this information is correct"?

That's where many companies have it.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
I have nothing bad in my record at all, but i am curious, how extensive is AMR's background check? What do they look for?

kec, you seem to be really stressing over this whole process! Relax man. Ever had your credit checked before? On a credit check, they list your employers. So, the credit check is more like cross referencing your stated work history. As far as the background check, it's mainly to make sure they can trust you to drive the rig, and you're not a perv. NO BIG DEAL, unless you're trying to hide something.

Hockey

Quackers
Same reason as any other big-name employer.

Make sure they don't hire someone who obviously can't handle money.

I have terrible credit (slowly trying to get $$ for bankruptcy) and I believe I could be trusted with money more then other people. I did it to myself, no reason to steal money from others.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I have terrible credit (slowly trying to get $$ for bankruptcy) and I believe I could be trusted with money more then other people. I did it to myself, no reason to steal money from others.

This isn't my viewpoint, this is the generic employers view:

If you can't be mature enough to handle your own finances, how do they know you'll be mature enough with PCRs, Medicare billing, or worse, pt lives.

Hockey

Quackers

If you can't be mature enough to handle your own finances, how do they know you'll be mature enough with PCRs, Medicare billing, or worse, pt lives.

I know ;)

10chars

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief

don't worry about it, i have crap for credit too and i got hired. just chillax. :D

OP
OP
K

kecpercussion

Forum Lieutenant
kec, you seem to be really stressing over this whole process! Relax man. Ever had your credit checked before? On a credit check, they list your employers. So, the credit check is more like cross referencing your stated work history. As far as the background check, it's mainly to make sure they can trust you to drive the rig, and you're not a perv. NO BIG DEAL, unless you're trying to hide something.

Yea im stressing haha... i just can't help it =/

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
They look for nervous-sounding forum posts as an indicator that the applicant has something to hide and merits a fuller investigation.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
They look for nervous-sounding forum posts as an indicator that the applicant has something to hide and merits a fuller investigation.

yup, they do do that stuff, and search myspace and facebook and such, fair warning....

motomedic

Forum Crew Member
well we seem to be on the same page of hiring. diff counties that is. I just got the word that ill be doing the background, physical etc. Im just getting on my feet from medic school (financialy!!!) only part im really worried about is my credit; all my bills have been paid on time, but my credit card took a hit, had to use it a few times to stay above water. Just hoping everything is ok so i can get some experience started. Good luck. Cheers

Goat

Forum Ride Along
So I just got hired on with AMR and this was freaking me out for a second because I do have a misdermeanor for possession of marijuana back in 2011. They also dont ask if you have any felonies or misdermeanors on their app, so called them immediatly told them I that this would pop up. So the thing is 1) They don't care and 2) apparently they only go back 3 or 5 years. So if there is someone out there like me this should be good news. Also didn't know they did credit checks, I personally don't have any so I got that going for me.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I have 0 criminal charges, no tickets on my record and a few points short of excellent credit. I still worry.

guitarofozz

Forum Crew Member

I think its a bit of a reach to put a a 20 year old kid who was given a credit card and went willy nilly to how they will perform in a job they will be highly trained for. At least for my generation, credit was never talked about in high school, then the first day of school at college there were like 10 kiosks signing you up for a student credit card. No one to explain anything about credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.